Emissions :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emissions :(
So I have just failed the spanish equivalent of an MOT on my beloved peugeot 306 1.4i, because of the CO2 being too high on the emissions test.
We have changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, and last year the lamda sensor was replaced.
There are no warning lights and its a great little runner...
Any one got any ideas???
Please help!!
Huh
Thanks given by:
I cannot vouch for it, but Terraclean?
do you have such a system/franchise there?
Ed China (Wheeler Dealers) used it on one of his progs.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: Kristina
check the exhaust for leaks

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Catalytic convertor if the exhaust isn't leaking?

Don't terraclean it just because someone on television probably got paid to advertise it...
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
MOT tester here. As a genral rule of thumb if the CO is high itll be your cat, DO NOT but afterrmarket unless you want to buy again next year as theyre crap.

Just for a follow up as well just incase anyone reads this who are having similar issues. Lambda out can either be a leak in exhaust or the sensors. Basically the leak acts as a venturey much like a carb and sucks air in throwing off the lambda reading.

HC ( hydrocarbons ) is a very rare failure i might see 2 a year. Theyre genrally oil burners in the early stage that arent emmiting enough smoke for me to not do the emmisions. I hope this helps as i havnt actually helped anyone on here for a while
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Good info Tom.

Could you confirm the need for a reverse light? Is it for all vehicles or just certain age?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
When did it last have a set of plugs?
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2018, 07:25 AM)Piggy Wrote: Good info Tom.

Could you confirm the need for a reverse light? Is it for all vehicles or just certain age?

I understood (lights), that if it's fitted, it should work.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Reverse lights are now part of the mot for vehicles 2009 on. They came in on Sunday last week. As are front fogs. daytime runners from cars built in 2018 so that will generally receive.thier first test in 2021
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Same as I posted on another thread a while back, after 6 and half years of ownership my little 1.4 failed emissions.

I wasted money trying everything to pass it, lambda, sparks, throttlebody (had a spare lying round), cat etc.... List goes on and still wouldn't pass, IIRC it was 2nd fast idle each time so gave up and got rid of it, i'm still gutted as it was a brilliant car, no rust in the rear wheel arch (or anywhere for that matter) and passed on everything else Sad

This was my experience so unfortunately I'm not much help, hope you can get yours to pass [emoji106]
(27-05-2018, 07:17 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Reverse lights are now part of the mot for vehicles 2009 on. They came in on Sunday last week. As are front fogs. daytime runners from cars built in 2018 so that will generally receive.thier first test in 2021

Ahhhhh... That's very enlightening... From 2009 on. Is that same for front fogs?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2018, 08:13 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(27-05-2018, 07:17 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Reverse lights are now part of the mot for vehicles 2009 on. They came in on Sunday last week. As are front fogs. daytime runners from cars built in 2018 so that will generally receive.thier first test in 2021

Ahhhhh... That's very enlightening... From 2009 on. Is that same for front fogs?

link to the new mot manual with all new updates inc
https://www.mot-testing.service.gov.uk/d...class3457/
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2018, 05:12 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: I cannot vouch for it, but Terraclean?
do you have such a system/franchise there?
Ed China (Wheeler Dealers) used it on one of his progs.

Looked it up - People say positive things about it.. can really help emissions... Thanks!

(26-05-2018, 07:13 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: MOT tester here. As a genral rule of thumb if the CO is high itll be your cat, DO NOT but afterrmarket unless you want to buy again next year as theyre crap.

Just for a follow up as well just incase anyone reads this who are having similar issues. Lambda out can either be a leak in exhaust or the sensors. Basically the leak acts as a venturey much like a carb and sucks air in throwing off the lambda reading.

HC ( hydrocarbons ) is a very rare failure i might see 2 a year. Theyre genrally oil burners in the early stage that arent emmiting enough smoke for me to not do the emmisions. I hope this helps as i havnt actually helped anyone on here for a while

But doesnt a broken CAT also go hand in hand with a very juicy motor??

(26-05-2018, 07:59 AM)Ben_w Wrote: When did it last have a set of plugs?

Plugs are brand new

(27-05-2018, 07:55 AM)P-Courty Wrote: Same as I posted on another thread a while back, after 6 and half years of ownership my little 1.4 failed emissions.

I wasted money trying everything to pass it, lambda, sparks, throttlebody (had a spare lying round), cat etc.... List goes on and still wouldn't pass, IIRC it was 2nd fast idle each time so gave up and got rid of it, i'm still gutted as it was a brilliant car, no rust in the rear wheel arch (or anywhere for that matter) and passed on everything else Sad

This was my experience so unfortunately I'm not much help, hope you can get yours to pass [emoji106]

Thats sooooooo depressing.... did you try terracleaning it???
Thanks given by:
Don't get a terraclean. They're not meant for your issue. They say they will help. But it won't. They're not a good fix for many many many things. They're are a well advertised rip off. There is nothing a terraclean can do that you can't do at home your self for a fraction of the cost. Dying cat doesn't mean juicy car at all. As a general rule of thumb most cars have two oxy sensors now adays. I think the 306 has one. The pre cat one measures what comes out the engine and adjusts the parameters to keep the correct afr. The second one after the cat basically just checks the cat is working. If the first one goes down it'll mess with fuel economy no end. A dead cat doesn't mess with economy. At least this is my experience.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MOT emissions fail data interpretation balkan_bozo 4 2,809 28-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  CO2 emissions baz1701 3 2,161 30-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Last Post: John1.4
  Saxo 1.1 TU Failed MOT on emissions Dave 14 4,106 04-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough