Danny's MK5 Transit camper. With added 508d content. Transit for sale. £1500.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny's MK5 Transit camper. With added 508d content. Transit for sale. £1500.

Finally 200 miles later, back at the yard.

[Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Like the 90s spec dash

all get back ok without much issue?

What size motor is in these?
Thanks given by:
Yeah it drove back fine, no mechanical issues.
Bit stinky though, fumes getting in from somewhere so windows open.
Its a 3.8 4 cylinder DI.
90's spec? This is from 1982 man.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I give up with updates here.
I have plenty of photos and much to write about but the forum uploader wont allow most of my pics and as photobucket and now Flickr have proved, I wont use online hosting either.
Nobody can be arsed to fix the forum and most of the mods tell people to use Facebook anyway so this will most likely be my last post here.
It's a shame as forums are a hive of stored knowledge and Facebook is a hive of brainless questions repeated over.
No other forum uploader has a problem with my photos straight from my phone, just here.
It's not a new problem and I'm sick of asking reasonable questions about it with no proper answers.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
the lack of support by the forum owners will/is killing this place!
lots of people have asked for stuff to be repaired amended and it all gets gum bumped and ignored

please do let me know were you have posted your projects and i will come and read Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
http://autoshite.com/topic/32168-1982-me...stination/
Thanks Cully. Here's my thread on Autoshite.
This forum is already dead, none of the members who post or try to keep it alive are listened to and new mods who are barely online are appointed now and again to achieve nothing.
The few people with an opinion are not taken seriously and no changes or improvements have happened for quite some time.
None on the horizon either.
Nobody ever faces up to posts like this and nothing will change as far as picture uploader goes so there is no more need to post if I cant update my projects with photos.
Let alone see some of my previous threads with the photos, we were told 2 years ago nearly that the pictures "weren't lost" but I have never seen them since.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Really sorry to hear you're not likely to be posting on here any more Danny.  Have enjoyed reading your threads & comments.  I was looking forward t seeing how many fridge panels got incorporated in to the 508d!

Hopefully there will be some updates in the near future that will change your mind.
Thanks given by:
flickr works fine, so not sure what you mean there.

facebook is wank for project threads.

I've seen people getting repair panels for these but possibly the later facelifted T2, as they are very similar to the later still Vario, most seem to get panels from germany or Poland, guess you are old or have done the class 2 licence?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Flickr are limiting to 1000 photos unless paid for.
Panels are available from Germany still but can be costly.
It is downplated to 3.5t

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried Imgur? Don't think there's a limit on there, I started using it after running out of PB space. Though I only really post on one forum now and the uploader works fine on there lol.
Thanks given by:
Im not uploading all my pics on a hosting site just so I can post them here.
If the owners cared, they'd fix the issue with the forum.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Where have you posted about these issues? The uploader isnt great but the last time i used it it worked!
Thanks given by:
whoah, downplated to 3.5t?! they weigh almost 3t bare, so you can barely put anything inside!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2018, 12:53 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Where have you posted about these issues? The uploader isnt great but the last time i used it it worked!

Tbf, it only works for one picture...which ends up huge and can't be placed in line. Not ideal for project threads lol.

There never has been a 'decent' uploader on here though, which is why we all used PB back in the day...

Not sure if you're on any Invision forums but the uploader is far better on those.
Thanks given by:
2.7 unladen. Celotex, batten and 3mm ply isn't too heavy.
It's not fast so the least weight added, the better.

The forum uploader hasn't worked properly for ages, trust me, I'm not making it up.

Eeyore, I'm not whinging for fun.
I genuinely would like to update my thread with pics and words but the current uploader is sh1t and has been for a while.
It isn't the first time I've mentioned it and the quote function isn't working right either so I cant quote all the posts but we all know it's an issue.
If it isnt being fixed, just say, then I can forget about it.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Hope you don't stop posting Danny, your thread are always a good read Smile

Who does own the forum?
Thanks given by:
The uploaded has been as good as useless for years, even when "fixed". It's a real shame as its killed the site, but there you go.

The rules about campers amaze me, we look after a 408d at work that must weigh an easy 5.5t, but because it's a camper anybody can drive it. Madness.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mercedes numbering system names the weight first and the power second, so a 408 would be circa 4t MAM and 80hp.
Can't find actual figures at the moment,but most were slightly over-rated by 100kg for whatever reason and the 408 was probably 3.6t MAM. Easily downplated to be a camper.
The 508d was the largest size Düdo you could have downplated. It'll be right on the limit when done, too much baggage and it could be over.
It is still an offence to drive the vehicle overweight of 3.5t if your license only allows up to 3.5t. regardless of what many say. There is no allowance to drive campers that weigh more than your license allows.
Ask me how I know...

:-)

Edit, pics of the 408?
May be easier to text/WhatsApp than use the substandard forum uploader.
I may have mentioned before that it's completely useless for most people.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see danny the van man doing what he does best! cracking project there! Also you are right about the forum, Its starting to look very dated now, and it looks like its practically gone the same way dot net did.
Thanks given by:
It seems the owners aren't interested.
Some members try and keep it going but don't get listened to when change or fixes are asked for.
Shame but there you go.
I'll keep on doing what I do and post about it elsewhere.
I'm sick of the patronising responses I get when asking reasonable questions so I've stopped bothering.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2018, 11:10 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: It seems the owners aren't interested.
Some members try and keep it going but don't get listened to when change or fixes are asked for.
Shame but there you go.
I'll keep on doing what I do and post about it elsewhere.
I'm sick of the patronising responses I get when asking reasonable questions so I've stopped bothering.

I noticed this a few years ago, 
I don't think they really seem bothered about the forum now or the club its self, so I seriously think this forum will go too.  
also i moved my projects else where too, due to lack of interest on here. The defender project is a good one, not as good as my other project I had, but a good roller.  
it is a shame that this place really has took such a bad nose dive.
Thanks given by:
It will continue to nosedive if the uploader doesn't work properly and pics can't be posted.
Or did I make that up and the uploader is actually fine and I'm an idiot?

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Would it be an option to use something like myalbum.com?

I am following these camper projects silently and I am amazed what you guys can make out of an old van!
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2018, 06:19 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: It is still an offence to drive the vehicle overweight of 3.5t if your license only allows up to 3.5t. regardless of what many say. There is no allowance to drive campers that weigh more than your license allows.
Ask me how I know...

:-)

Edit, pics of the 408?
May be easier to text/WhatsApp than use the substandard forum uploader.
I may have mentioned before that it's completely useless for most people.

Ah interesting, I guess the old boys running the caravan park nearby are chock full of the brown stuff then, I should know better than to repeat what I've been told on trust...   Itwasntme

I'll try and get some pics next time it comes in. And I'm pretty confident on the approx weight of that 408, our 4t ramp that has no problems with vehicles known to be over 4t struggles with that beast lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
prettybsure the 408 was a T1, twin wheel rear axle Sprinter predecessor, 4.6ton gvw, I think they were 2 ton payload vans weighing inaround 2600, so technically coild be re-plated and run at 3.5t but leaves very little to build a camper really.
Thanks given by:
Camper fittings are all lightweight, 3mm ply and 3/4" batten glued and pinned.
The most heavy bit would be a full water tank.
Personally I don't carry huge amounts of water, 40 litres in two containers is enough for 3-4 days, refill when empty.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
http://autoshite.com/topic/32168-1982-me...red/page-4
Link to a forum that hosts photos, for those that care. My name on there is Arthur Foxhake BTW.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Transit camper for sale, it is still the same as the pics, done 5K in it with no issues this year. Will need welding in the rear passenger arch to floor area for MOT this year I would think.
P.M me if interested.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Photobucket works for posting images btw. Its not through lack of caring. Its difficult to find a good uploader for the forum software we use.
Thanks given by:
For those that care was meant to mean "those that are bothered or not to see more".
I won't use photobucket after their last hostage situation or any online storage site, as mentioned previously.
I've got plenty of stuff I don't want people having access to that gives away locations ETC. and I won't be held ransom for my own content either.
I gave up with pictorial updates here a while ago and will just post links to a forum that hosts them instead and if anyone can be arsed, they can look, if not no problem.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vivaro camper Van conversion cully 248 82,101 28-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: cully
  Transit pug306driver 2 2,144 18-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Danny's MK5 Transit. Danny Wideboy 19 6,591 13-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset