Danny's MK5 Transit camper. With added 508d content. Transit for sale. £1500.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny's MK5 Transit camper. With added 508d content. Transit for sale. £1500.
So. Here we go again. Another mk5 Transit, bit bigger this time and not a work van either.
Im not going mad welding this one, the other one i welded taught me that welding on your back breathing in welding fumes and burnt underseal is not a pastime.
I have had it MOTed and it only failed on some brake pipes I have now mended, windscreen, two tyres and the battery being loose. Prop shaft advisory also and it needs doing before re-test really. It bangs a bit.
Anyway, pics. 

Made a burner.

Still needs heat shield installing in pics.
Painted it all up and away we go.
The sofa pulls out into a double bed and the sink and hob all work perfectly, my brother plumbed the gas, he is  Gas Safe registered .

It's not anywhere close to Cully's van but it cost less than a grand all in, including the van purchase price and will be perfect for festivals and weekends away on a whim.
It has a 1K inverter and a 115ah leisure battery with split charge. LED lighting and the log burner mean I shouldn't use much power but I have another smaller leisure battery as a back up .

I do have more pics of the build but the forum uploader wont allow loads of them unfortunately.
I'll keep trying to edit this and add more pics if I can.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Bought 4 new tyres for it this weekend as well as the prop bearing.
I also bought some paint. It is booked onto a ferry from dover to calais on the 27th of this month to drive to Assen to watch the motoGP.
Needs a windscreen still, will have it sorted next week.

There aren't any outside pics of it because the forum uploader won't allow them for some reason. 
Just imagine a white LWB minibus with blacked out windows and loads of filler in the arches. It looks like that. For now.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Bargain bus!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Somehow missed this thread to begin with. The van might not look pristine like Cully's but looks comfy n practical- it'll do the job it was meant for. Loving the stove too. Even on the coldest of nights you'll be toasty! Enjoy your first trip!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments.
I changed the rest of the brake pipes over the weekend as i had the pipe here. Sorted the prop bearing, plated the back doors (giggidy), fitted the heatshield for the log burner and have started prepping for paint. Windscreen man is here tomorrow.
Paint is matt NATO green.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
New windscreen now fitted.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Almost finished the painting. Roof still to do.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Passed MOT yesterday. Holland here I come.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
good effort I like it
now go get some use out of it i can garrentee you will be changing things like I am all the time
Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
900 mile round trip starts on Thursday and sees me leave England, through France then Belgium and on into Holland for the motoGP on Sunday.
Should be a fair test. :-)

Will be at Willand again some point in the summer for a few days with it.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Done for now.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Sat at a nice bar in Antwerp waiting for England V Bulgaria.
Never seen England play whilst on opposition turf before.
Im gonna keep good and quiet!

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Back from the roadtrip with no issues. 994 miles covered.
Uploader won't let me upload again but ill keep trying.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I've done 2200 miles in this now with no issues to report.
One more festival booked in and that'll be it for the summer.
I have bought a LWB Mercedes 508d that I will be welding up and fitting out over winter so I may sell this at some point but not before the other one is finished.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I have bought a LWB Mercedes 508d

pics! 

What age is that one??
Thanks given by:
1981 mate. Lets see if the uploader will play ball...

Shes pretty rough but they always are when I buy them. I've known the van for 20 years, it belonged to a mate who has lived in it all that time, in various parts of europe.
Plans are rip out all the interior, weld up the holes then find space for a fixed double bed, 2 bunks, kitchen, shower and seating area.
It'll take a while.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2018, 06:39 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: I've done 2200 miles in this now with no issues to report.
One more festival booked in and that'll be it for the summer.
I have bought a LWB Mercedes 508d that I will be welding up and fitting out over winter so I may sell this at some point but not before the other one is finished.
what's the head-room inside like?
also, if you're selling, what'll be your asking price?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
You can't stand up in it unless you are just under 5 feet tall!
Not for sale ATM but would probably ask £1750ish for it.
It is a transit so will need welding for most MOTs to come, if not all. :-)

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2018, 11:01 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: You can't stand up in it unless you are just under 5 feet tall!
Not for sale ATM but would probably ask £1750ish for it.
It is a transit so will need welding for most MOTs to come, if not all. :-)

thanks for your info Smile
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Also, @Cully.
Was in ur Cullompton drinkin orl ur beer last week!
Too drunk to visit actual proper adults that week so mebees another time!

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2018, 09:06 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Also, @Cully.
Was in ur Cullompton drinkin orl ur beer last week!
Too drunk to visit actual proper adults that week so mebees another time!

Not to worry, I was Down in Cornwall Drinking all their Rattler and eating pasties all week Big Grin

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Man, you really do like a project. I can't imagine parts for the Merc are very easy to come by but I get the impression you're pretty resourceful !!!
Thanks given by:
Most panels are unavailable for them now, you can get arches still.
Mechanical parts are surprisingly easy to source as they have a big fan base in Germany and I believe Mercedes still stock parts for them.
It'll mostly be made from old fridges and filing cabinets when I'm done I would imagine.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
"It'll mostly be made from old fridges and filing cabinets when I'm done I would imagine. "

LuvvinIt! Rofl
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Work van was due some attention.

All prepped and ready for welding tomorrow.
Ill sort out the rot either side of that panel next.

Ran out of filler. Needs a bit of tidying up still but good enough to last until the colour change.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Tomorrow is the day I drive to Devon and collect the 508d.
Should be back Sunday. Hasn't turned a wheel in 3 years.
Wish me luck, i may need it!

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
^^^

How did it go???
Thanks given by:
Went well. Takes some driving though!
No power assist on the steering or brakes. HEAVY accelerator pedal and 55mph tops.
Just over4 hours from Totness to my yard. Not too bad.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=31717 Wrote:Danny Wideboy pid='623911' dateline='1539020831']Went well. Takes some driving though!
No power assist on the steering or brakes. HEAVY accelerator pedal and 55mph tops.

Loving this post. Tried to attach a pic of my Iveco partly converted which I went to France in this year for 3 weeks with the mrs and did 2700 trouble free miles.

(08-10-2018, 09:03 PM)riw@mail.com Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 05:47 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Went well. Takes some driving though!

Loving this post. Tried to attach a pic of my Iveco partly converted which I went to France in this year for 3 weeks with the mrs and did 2700 trouble free miles.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wellsy - Maroon 306 HDI, egr delete, decat & exhaust mods, gold cyclones.
Thanks given by:
Uploader still broken so I cant see the pics.
I'll try and post some of the 508 in a bit.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vivaro camper Van conversion cully 248 82,045 28-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: cully
  Transit pug306driver 2 2,136 18-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Danny's MK5 Transit. Danny Wideboy 19 6,577 13-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset