Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny's MK5 Transit camper. With added 508d content. Transit for sale. £1500.
Suppose I had best chip in here

As Sam says it’s not a case of not caring. There is two main issues here. The first being that forums are dying out. As much as I prefer forums over Facebook groups, we need to accept what is acceptable for the masses. Due to this, there isn’t a huge choice of suitable people to moderate the forums. On top of that, you need administrators who have technical knowledge and access to perform maintenance and upgrades

Second issue is that due to the rise of social media and decline of forums, developers such as MyBB aren’t putting in as much effort as they used to. For example, we have been waiting for MyBB for well over 3 years now which has now “indefinitely been put on hold”. The issue here is that people aren’t producing plug ins and that’s why we have to make do. We have been aware pretty much since day one that the image uploaded was poor but it’s the best of a bad bunch. There are better ones on different platforms but then the platforms are worse. No matter which route we went, there would have been downsides and unhappy people

We can’t help the declining numbers here and we can’t help the trend of moving to social media. All we can help is to keep the forum running (something that I’ll remind you comes at a cost both financially and in time) and of course, any constructive suggestions will be listened to.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vivaro camper Van conversion cully 248 82,034 28-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: cully
  Transit pug306driver 2 2,135 18-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Danny's MK5 Transit. Danny Wideboy 19 6,575 13-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset