306 Cabriolet 2ltr getting back on the road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Cabriolet 2ltr getting back on the road
Bought the lad this car while at uni, he failed to tell me it had broken down. He said after driving for a while it died. I've now got it running but I have noticed that there's what I can only describe as a light knocking from what feels like the fuel tank. Can anyone advise me what it may be and how to rectify this fault.

Cheers,
Crossey57
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Crossey. When does the knocking occur? I ask because a lot of noises from the rear of the car are suspension beam related.

If it is the tank though it could be an issue with it failing to breathe properly. As a test, loosen the fuel filler cap, drive a bit n see if the problem persists.
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2018, 06:50 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Welcome along Crossey. When does the knocking occur? I ask because a lot of noises from the rear of the car are suspension beam related.

If it is the tank though it could be an issue with it failing to breathe properly. As a test, loosen the fuel filler cap, drive a bit n see if the problem persists.

Cheers Mighty,
The knocking is definitely coming from in the tank, when I place my hand on it I can feel it if that makes sense.I can't really drive the car until I get some new boots on it and replaced the shortened front springs.
Thanks given by: