Piper Camshaft

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piper Camshaft
Alright guys Smile

Been looking about today for parts etc. Very surprised to see a piper cam for these engines!

https://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=79PHDIBP285&a=i

Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm thinking maybe with one of those installed and a bit of extra map tweaking then maybe the extra flow would allow for more power without having to raise the boost ?

Any ideas or experiences with them? :Smile

Cheers, Jack
Thanks given by:
ask darren lobb or ruan about them or have a serch theve poped up before
Thanks given by:
Much better investing it fuel system or turbo.

Or valve springs!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've done a massive rant about how pointless these are previously. These engines are 250hp capable if you literally slap in a set of injectors that'll deliver enough fuel in a short enough window, a refurbished 2.2 R70 pump and a 60mm compressor exducer turbo with intercooler and you might need a set of valve springs, but if your tuner knows the engine well enough and is monitoring the right parameters, it can probably be tuned around.

Standard turbo, you're honestly going to notice zero difference with the cam in, as soon as you fit a bigger turbo, you're instantly fuel limited as to how much power the engine will make. The improvements of the camshaft in terms of £/hp is so minimal, I'd say out of the list above, £/hp wise, it's the worst way you could possibly spend your money.

The fuel pumps usually are just worn out, so people wailing that an R65 won't get past ~150hp is cobblers, it's all down to how worn the pump is and unless you're going to log the right parameters, you won't know how worn the pump is. I've said in a previous post, I've got logs of a refurbished, standard R70 barely being stretched to make 200hp at 1500bar.

Order of tuning these engines is as follows:

1. Intercooler
2. Turbo
3. Injectors
4. Fuel Pump
5. Valve springs if req'd
6. Head work/camshaft
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
#amen
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camshaft Kapi306 0 1,030 08-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Kapi306
  DW10 Piper cam 306clot 17 5,630 13-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Camshaft carrier Steve1990 7 1,961 08-02-2016, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Poodle