Intank pump.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intank pump.
I'm after dimensions of the pump/motor from a PH3 if anyone has them?  Lots of other models sell the pump separately from the sender but I can't seem to find it for the 306. Any help would be Reet grand so I dont have to take the bugger out Smile
Thanks given by:
The one linked below fits a Ph2 petrol sender unit. I'm going to assume the sender units were the same, or at least almost identical, on the Ph3's including dielels.  (Haven't got access to Servicebox at the mo to check). This one seems good quality n has been working fine for over a year in mine.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/In-Tank-Fuel-Pu...Sw9N1ViXMX
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, it does look very similar. I was surprised how weenerish the pump looked compared to the 406 one I bought for the 205. Good idea about service box, didn't think of that. You wouldn't think I've been driving various Pugs for many year lol Smile
Thanks given by:
The seller of that also sells Magnetti ones, same size, shape etc. His compatability listing isn't very accurate as the 2.0 16v XSi wasn't listed but the pump was a perfect match.  Still better check if the HDi had a similar in-tank pump to other models.
Thanks given by:
Just did a little more research on this.  Servicebox wasn't in fact hugely helpful.  Looked on Eurocarparts & I know their parts listings aren't 100% reliable but the pump/sender unit recommended for your vehicle looks identical to mine.  Only difference is that it is rated at 3.2bar of pressure rather than the 3.5bar for the XSi version.  Since you have a FPR I can't see any problem with fitting a new pump to your existing sender unit that might deliver 0.3 bar of additional pressure.

Only question mark over my logic is that diesel is more viscous than petrol and a pump for a petrol vehicle rated at 3.5 bar perhaps doesn't deliver as much pressure when pumping diesel.  Can't find a pump on ebay like the one I linked to that says it's suitable for an HDi.  Not sure if anyone else has any thoughts?

Mmm, now having slight doubts about the pump I originally linked to - apologies.   Fairly certain that this is the one I in fact used, which is a very slighty different design (connector spades are not quite the same).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Tank-Dies...4ae454326c

I'm beginning to think that you'll have to pull the pump out and compare it to the pics on the eBay listings.  If you go in to Gearmax's eBay store and search 'Peugeot 306' it comes up with several very slightly different designs of pump from several different manufacturers.  They're all quality pumps.  I'm guessing the £10 ones that have popped up in searches will be utter s**te!

I can see why you just want to change the pump though.  The complete pump/sender units for the HDi seem really pricey.
Thanks given by:
youre looking for a walbro fuel pump. Its a bit bigger and requires some cutting to fit. I put one in the rallye but it doesnt work as well as the original. The fuel pump sits in a bucket which acts as a surge reservoir. The return from the fuel rail comes back and fills this up.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the input everyone. I'm looking into external pumps at the minute. BMW (Early X5 etc..) use an external and don't seem to have major issues. Plenty of space to fit it then turn the original into a fuel pick up. I'm hoping it will be a good upgrade over the original.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  307 intank fuel pump same as 306? Face. 0 958 30-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Face.