Breakdown Cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakdown Cover
So, who do you use for breakdown cover...and what experiences have you had, good or bad?

AA and RAC prices are ridiculous now so I'm having to change to a smaller company, but obviously want the peace of mind that they're good at the job!

I carry plenty of tools so calling the breakdown people is an absolute last resort after a major fault where the car will need taking home on a truck.

I'm looking at companies such as Auto Aid, Action Call and Rescuemycar.com if anyone has any experience with their services, prices of all 3 are roughly the same for what I want.
Thanks given by:
Green Flag used to get good reviews in comparison to the Big Two.
Britannia similarly.
These days I get my cover as a bolt on to my Comp policy through Carole Nash Brokers. (they cover my m/c too).
you'd have to check their web for level of assistance.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I use Auto aid. Got it through go compare and pay £43 a year. Covers anything I'm driving up to 3.5t, homestart, nationwide with onward travel. They have a deal with many private brake down firms and they will organise whichever one is closet to you at the time to get to you
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I used Gem. They seem to have really good reviews almost everywhere. I am covered for me in any car (so long as I am driving as I found out) but in the end even though I wasn't driving they came out without asking "many questions about who was driving" and rescued my mate.
Thanks given by:
Thanks all. GEM and GreenFlag are still expensive compared to the ones I listed above, green flag is actually more expensive than AA/RAC after cashback from TCB.

Ben, have you had to be recovered through Auto Aid yet?
Thanks given by:
Mine comes through Chris Knott, Silvernight i think its called. Its about £50 a year and has all the stuff you would want from recovery.
Thanks given by:
I know tcb looks good but most of the time you can get the policy cheaper by going direct

I pay £12 a month for both cars, top cover including Europe
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2018, 10:03 AM)swampy Wrote: I know tcb looks good but most of the time you can get the policy cheaper by going direct

I pay £12 a month for both cars, top cover including Europe

Yeah you're right, TCB is slightly more expensive to start with on RAC or AA, but still works out cheaper overall once you get the cashback, cancelling my current RAC and going through TCB as a new member works out over £40 cheaper than my renewal with them for exactly the same cover. That's even with my £7 'loyalty' discount lol.

But companies like Action Call are half as much again, around £40 for personal cover with no excess, so I just can't justify the AA/RAC prices now.
Thanks given by:
I haven't been recovered through them yet, but I believe they have good ratings.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I’ve found the only way to get competitively priced breakdown now is thru ur bank as a current account perk. We pay £9 or so a month for worldwide travel insurance, breakdown, and a host of other little extras
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2018, 05:47 PM)Orta Wrote: I’ve found the only way to get competitively priced breakdown now is thru ur bank as a current account perk. We pay £9 or so a month for worldwide travel insurance, breakdown, and a host of other little extras

I asked the same question on another forum and this seemed to be common on there as well. I just have a very basic free bank account though and wouldn't use any other extras like travel insurance or phone insurance etc, so not really suitable for me.

I've got to make the decision today anyway... Still unsure which to go for, I always used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure...
Thanks given by:
Hi
Please feel free to take a look at our breakdown offering if you wish.
https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/breakdown/
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2018, 08:52 AM)DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Wrote: Hi
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, I've already completed this years breakdown now.

However, if Flux make an online quote, purchase and payment system like most places these days I will be sure to try them in the future. Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2018, 08:56 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 08:52 AM)DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Wrote: Hi
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, I've already completed this years breakdown now.

However, if Flux make an online quote, purchase and payment system like most places these days I will be sure to try them in the future.  Smile
We're working on it!
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks given by:
Joined AA a few months ago. Used them twice and they’ve arrived within 45mins.
Excellent service, can use the app to record your breakdown and location.
I paid £220 a year for me and the wife to have full personal cover and both cars with parts cover, also
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Breakdown Cover Eeyore 47 8,203 09-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Breakdown Cover? JTaylor2005 44 6,908 17-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  First breakdown Nathan1305 21 3,011 16-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305