The future of 306oc

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of 306oc
who's got a little XLD kicking. had about mine I have had for near a year failed it's mot witch I'm still gutted about but been off the road for a wile now since September hopefully have her back up asap if anyone has any good ideas that would help as down my way trying to find a garage to fix her ant easy since not a lot will take older cars now days [emoji22][Image: 736b47aeb11553ad5dec6d1b82bdf64d.jpg][Image: 29d48202af55ec1a3cd26387a45f21fd.jpg][Image: 5ea189c1e129cfae318e34a6aa34c62a.jpg]

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Firstly welcome to the forum Big Grin Strange thread title by the way as it's the exact same as one in the couch section of this forum. Was that an accident or a coincidence?

What did the car fail the MOT on?
Thanks given by:
We mostly fix our own cars on here, get yourself a Haynes manual and anything you get stuck with ask on here, very good cars to work on and a basic tool kit will get you by Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'll have to get the full list it failed on but I know I need ball joins but got two I get her also need brake pips pads and maybe disks pads and disks not being need done right away need maybe new back axle not sure of how bad it is get also aliment is our and little bit of welding to be done

also gonna fix as much as I can myself but this is very new to me so have to start somewhere

Thanks given by:
So I have been a bit cheeky and looked up the MOT history of the car on the government website. (Forgot you would do that)

Here's what we are dealing with all! 
  • Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)

• Nearside Front Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (3.6.B.4e)

• Offside Front Mechanical brake component has restricted free movement (3.5.1k)

• Offside Front Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)

• Offside Front Inner Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)

• Offside Front Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (3.6.B.4e)

• Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded sill (2.4.A.3)

• Nearside Rear Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (3.6.B.4e)

• Offside Rear Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (3.6.B.4e)

• Front Brakes imbalanced across an axle (3.7.B.5b)

• Rear Brakes imbalanced across an axle (3.7.B.5b)

• Rear Brakes imbalanced across an axle Axle 2 (3.7.B.5b)
Lower ball joint has 3 bolts that hold it to the wishbone. These can be bought for £10 each.
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/ball-joi...31814.html

Brakes being restricted movement sounds like they just need a good clean up and re-grease most likely.

CV Joint covers can be bought for about £8 if you can find them for your car! I'm struggling.

The rest would need some proper working on. Especially the rusty suspension mounting area and the brake pipe corrosion.
Thanks given by:
don't worry about it gutted it failed but I found a ph1 like mine but dturbo that's being broke for parks guys said he will send some up that i need and I got call joins with the car so hoping they fit
hoping to fit a lot myself but resin will have to be a garage and frefuce yo get rid of her and I have met so many people though cars and her that I could not see her go after life she has had so far and thank you for everything haha

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  future project my daily run about! wonkey18 16 4,706 08-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Last Post: mr_fish