Gearbox Mount

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox Mount
So, decided to change this last night as have quite a lot of vibration coming through the car from the engine.  Know it's not the RH (top) mount as that was done quite recently.

When it came to removing the large centre nut that fixes the mount to the stud it (I think it's a stove nut) stayed securely in place and the stud unwound itself from the gearbox.  Once off the car I couldn't grip the stud without damaging the thread on it so couldn't separate the stud from the mount.

As it turns out the mount looked OK so I just put the whole lot back together as it was.  Just wondering if I'm likely to encounter the same problem with one of my other 306's tho.

Is this a problem anyone else has had?
Thanks given by:
No, but I thought the stud had a hex on it from memory? as you have to remove it to get the box under the wing when doing the clutch and I recall using my Impact gun to get it off as it was threadlocked.

Not had it myself.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Si is right. There is a hex section on the stud for this very purpose.

I had one wind out of a box too but was able to get a deep reach socket onto the hex section and put it back in. They are threadlocked too.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies guys. There seemed to be a metal sleeve around the stud that was sitting inside the mount. (Have now looked at Servicebox n it's described as a spacer 1814.29). It was loose-ish but didn't seem to want to slide down past the threads. Looking as the schematic it looks like it would cover the hex part of the stud n only slide upwards off it. It's possible I didn't try hard enough to pull it out!

The stud went back in with a good dose of thread lock so hopefully it won't be a problem again.

Thanks given by:
Yeah that comes right off...
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
OK, cheers for that. I'll know for next time.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing a gearbox mount Matt 19 4,658 04-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Jake