Black smoke?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black smoke?
Information 
Hi I'm new to this Pug business I've seen loads of cars making big black clouds of smoke such as rolling coal not too everyone's taste but I can't see anything on how too get them to make clouds of smoke anyone got any info on how to?

[Image: 0801dp_06_z%2B2002_vw_jetta_tdi%2Bsmoking.jpg]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_cl8UmgSzck[Image: watch?v=_cl8UmgSzck]
Thanks given by:
For a HDi it's all in the mapping or the older Dturbo a twiddle of a few screws on the pump. I personally can't stand it but everyone's different Smile
Thanks given by:
Basically, force it to over-fuel
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Easy, find the crappest mapper you can and tell them to make it as fast as possible. Or remove a boost pipe, that'd do it. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2018, 12:09 PM)I Poodle Wrote: Easy, find the crappest mapper you can and tell them to make it as fast as possible. Or remove a boost pipe, that'd do it. Big Grin

So just make it over fuel and it should smoke do them eBay remap box things do the trick ? And removing a boost pipe wouldn't it run like a bag of shit?
Thanks given by:
Yeah tuning box would do it. And yeah I was taking the piss lol. Sorry, must be nice to noobies.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Leaving a boost pipe clip loose doesn't make any difference to running on these but does cause plenty of smoke. However it was a mistake when I did it, not intentional lol.

You'll struggle to pass MOT blowing clouds and police won't take kindly to it either.
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2018, 12:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Leaving a boost pipe clip loose doesn't make any difference to running on these but does cause plenty of smoke.  However it was a mistake when I did it, not intentional lol.

You'll struggle to pass MOT blowing clouds and police won't take kindly to it either.

The 2.0 hdi have boost pipes?
Thanks given by:
Yes, they are hidden behind the engine so access to them is difficult.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with a bit of Black smoke issue please. titch 10 2,404 02-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Last Post: titch
  206 Hdi Limp mode and black smoke problems Paul Baldwin 6 2,644 01-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  hdi only revs to 3-3.5k and black smoke, Help! konlabos 3 1,972 29-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub