306 HDi Meridian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDi Meridian
Hello!

I'd like to introduce you all to my 3rd 306 this time I've gone for a 2.0 Hdi Meridian with 135k on the clocks along with a new clutch in 2015. The car only set me back £500 so nothing to complain about.

As with the Rallye no real exciting plans for this want to make it a nice daily, feels good to be back in a 306 after being in the Volvo for a few months.

I plan to get a Hdi Tuning Stage 1 map in the near future and that's about it. So here's what we've done so far.

[Image: 40896452051_738b78c1dd_h.jpg]
As bought 15/03/2018

[Image: 39165019060_953dcefa47_h.jpg]
The exhaust is looking pretty sorry for itself, I would like to source a new back box although not sure what to go for on this. Might even upgrade to a better flowing exhaust system in the future so will keep that in mind when looking for a new one, any suggestions are welcomed.

[Image: 39165020240_a25264bb9b_h.jpg]
The clones have seen better days and this one is the worst of them, me and my girlfriend have set about sanding down the clones and are going to paint them gloss black. (pics to follow in an update down the road)

[Image: 27103138268_7ee7b264ca_h.jpg]
I doubt anything will be done about the bumper scuff unless I get really fed up of it. I really need to get a new rear bumper as one of the previous owners had a tow bar that required the bumper to be cut.

[Image: 39165017950_0c3c9f2fcb_h.jpg]
Put on the wind deflectors from my old 1.4 Meridian.

[Image: 27103134698_8157d55e29_h.jpg]
The door vinyl had shrunk and shrivelled up so we decided to remove it and I personally think it looks much better than before even though the glue is an absolute b***h to remove.

[Image: 27103141288_2ec4428fde_h.jpg]
The rear wiper wouldn't work so I cut the wiper off the motor as it had all seized together. I'm going to get a plug to more permanently keep the window watertight. On removal of the wiper motor It looks as if someone had tried to wire a relay directly to the motor for some reason which either made it work temporarily or broke it.

[Image: 27103131368_4c62fe230c_h.jpg]
Gave the car a quick wash, really quick it was just as dirty as it started when the water had dried and grease and grime hidden behind plastics had leaked back onto the car.

[Image: 27103126538_bdcdabe8a7_h.jpg]
This is how it looks now. As stated above plan to get the clones painted soon which should tidy it up even further.

Alongside this I have a boot spoiler ready to go on after getting some glue to stick it on.

We've also installed a K&N cone filter that I had on the Volvo luckily the MAFs from both the Volvo 850 and the Pug 306 share the same diameter.

So there it is hope to get many a mile on this thing
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
Yours looks very similar to mine, being the same colour/doors, however you have one of the first HDI's! You can get plastic grommets from B&Q for the rear wiper blank mod, I did this and it has been water tight since I did this 2 years ago, was only £3 for a bag of them. I would go back to the standard airbox if I was you, the K&N will kill the MAF pretty quickly most likely, and the standard airbox for Stage 1 is fine.
Thanks given by:
What makes it one of the first ones? Or how could you tell?

I saw those at B&Q but didn't realise they were the right size at the time but I'll grab a bad when I'm next there.

How comes the K&N kills the MAF quicker? Something to do with increased airflow? It genuinely made the car feel more responsive in first and second.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2018, 10:12 AM)wainwrightj Wrote: What makes it one of the first ones? Or how could you tell?

I saw those at B&Q but didn't realise they were the right size at the time but I'll grab a bad when I'm next there.

How comes the K&N kills the MAF quicker? Something to do with increased airflow? It genuinely made the car feel more responsive in first and second.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's a T reg, the first HDI's were T plates (mines a V from the 23rd September 1999). Yeah they are, will search what size I used if you want (slightly oversized so were a real pig to fit but have had no bother with them since). Not sure - one of the forum boffins will be able to answer that for you, or have a search on here for threads Smile

Edit: it's a 19mm grommet needed from looking at an old thread on here, however I have used a 20mm as above.
Thanks given by:
Really likes that 5dr having some love. Keep going with the good stuffs. Subscribe Smile
Thanks given by:
The apparent reason for K&N's killing mafs is the oil that is used to coat them. It gets sucked in and coats the fine wire inside the maf sensor and makes it not able to respond as fast to air flow changes / temp changes.

It's anyone's guess as to how likely or how frequently that actually happens though. I had a similar "K&N Replica" filer kill a Maf in my corsa.. Serves me right really, shouldn't have been trying to make a 1.2 sound good...

And yeah you have one of the very first. I have a T reg one as well starting in T58. It was a show room car for the first 5/6 months or so according to the log book haha.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2018, 06:55 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: The apparent reason for K&N's killing mafs is the oil that is used to coat them. It gets sucked in and coats the fine wire inside the maf sensor and makes it not able to respond as fast to air flow changes / temp changes.

It's anyone's guess as to how likely or how frequently that actually happens though. I had a similar "K&N Replica" filer kill a Maf in my corsa.. Serves me right really, shouldn't have been trying to make a 1.2 sound good...

And yeah you have one of the very first. I have a T reg one as well starting in T58. It was a show room car for the first 5/6 months or so according to the log book haha.

Thanks bud

I did a little of my own research and found this on the K&N website https://www.knfilters.com/MAF/massair.htm I realise it might not be 100% reliable because they make the products but there tests seem to back up what they're talking about.

Personally I'm going to leave it on the car it cost me £40 and it's only been used for a few months so I'd rather use it than see it go to waste

Are the T reg plates ordered? For instance would there be a T00 T01 T02 T03 signifying the order they were registered? That would be pretty cool

I really like the look of yours the blue looks incredible keep up the good work bud, wish I was able to get something other than silver but the timing was right for this one
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
No idea about the ordered number plates.

And cheers bud Smile Need to fix the bumper. Cracked the lower front right hitting a kurb in the snow Sad

Silvers good. At the end of the day just get hold of what you can haha they are getting rarer and rarer by the day now!

Saying that I just found my cars identical twin on eBay haha

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-H...SwvshawMWD
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2018, 09:14 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote:

...an Australian variant!
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2018, 09:21 AM)Mighty306 Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 09:14 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: