xud9a timing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xud9a timing
I removed the xud9a engine from my project suspected HG, not expecting to repair it I removed the bosch (non standard) pump (standard was lucas). and did not lock off the crankshaft pulley or cambelt pulley.
due to insurance problem im looking to repair and replace this non turbo engine, before I remove its cylinder head  what can I do to ensure it is timed correctly...No pump or belt on engine and the bosch pump seemed to have been timed with luminous green paint marks on cambelt.
Thanks given by:
Lock flywheel. Lock cam wheel. Lock Bosch cog. (There is two pins/bolts for the Bosch pump.)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply piggy...the bosch injector pump or cambelt arent on the engine, and the camshaft sprocket isnt quite aligned for an m8 bolt neither is the crankshaft...and I just dont know if they will still be in synchro I was going to break it so just took em off carelessly. I want to remove the head but not damage it.
Thanks given by:
wont do any harm taking it apart as it is, before you refit the head you can sort the pump and crank timing by fitting the timing pins, rotate the cam till the pin fits then build it all up
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Thank you
I took the head off, and although this is all new to me I would swear the head gasket hasnt gone...I have had a straight edge on the head and there is no warp at all, the only thing I can see is that theres a slight deterioration split in the hg on one of the waterways on the top of the block that seems to terminate on the hg, I presume that i can use 2000 wet and dry on the bores where there is a fine black deposit, the piston heads are whistle clean, and took five minutes with a soap pad and wd40, the hg has three notches i will get a victor reinz if I can.
Would you skim and pressure test the head...its a nad.
piston 1 and 3 (from cam belt pulley) were just short of tdc,(approx 2/3 degrees)there are two inlet valves open on the cylinder head.
Thanks given by:
HG can go on these and usually you won't see any warpage on the head unless it really really overheated. Usually they go through age/poor quality materials. If you can't see any warpage check for cracks in the head. Don't know why you want to wet and dry the bores carbon deposits are expected if you don't do the whole bore (ie take the Pistons out) you can end up causing unnecessary wear I would just leave them if there was no compression issues to start with. Check YouTube for engine timing these every man and his dog have don't timing videos for XUDs quite a few blokes on here it's quite easy good work
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  xud9a to xud9te prab01 5 1,893 29-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Last Post: prab01