Locking glove box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locking glove box
The glove box has been randomly locking itself for a while but would always unlock again with the key.  Not this time - locked shut & won't unlock.  Any advice for getting it open without destroying the latch would be much appreciated.

Ta!
Thanks given by:
you could ask dum dum. he just prys them open. (seriously dont do that) a few of mine have done this in the past. Remove the radio, then top airbag and you can get to the latch to shimmy it open. Usually once theyre open again thy seem to work with no extra work. Hope it helps.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Bash.  I'll give that a go.
Thanks given by:
I managed to get the glove box open without destroying it. I then extracted the lock but broke it in the process. That's when I discovered the grease in the lock had gone very thick n sticky, not helped by the cold weather. I think it was stopping the pins in the lock from moving. More than likely all it needed was a spray with WD40 n a bit of time for that to soak in.
Thanks given by:
I pulled mine open which pulls out the plastic insert the lock clips into.

You can then push it back in afterwords.

The key didn't work in the lock as I had replaced it so I just removed the plastic locking pin on the barrel and now it just works as normal and doesn't randomly lock.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  glove box kiffer850 4 1,855 17-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Last Post: kiffer850
  ph3 glove box kingy 9 4,676 10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: kingy