Afternoon all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afternoon all
Video 
Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself. I have had quite a few 306s over the years. First was a L reg 5 door 1.4 in grey (written off by lady going up the back of me), then a S reg 3 door 1.9tdi in very faded red, X reg 1.4 5 door in silver (this went to my father in law and my brother in law still has), w reg hdi sport 3 door in moonstone blue (loved this car) and a white X reg hdi 5 door. I had my kids young (surprise) and this series of 306s served us very well. Apart from the one my brother inlaw still has, which had gearbox failure, none of them ever let me down.

Haven’t had a 306 for many years, but they have always held a special place for me. So recently I have had motorbikes for weekend/summer fun. Then one morning I put it under a car on the M25 and was very lucky to be alive. The wife was very upset and said I couldn’t have bikes anymore Doh  So I got a Boxster, as a weekend/summer car and then I ended up putting it backwards through a wall. The wife was most upset and said no more sports cars. Anyway in December I wasn’t brousing eBay and in a firm of nostalgia I ended up buying a convertible 2.0 in China blue. I love her and best of all the boss likes it as well. 

She needs some work, but seems a good solid reliable car. So I will be on here asking advice from you if I get stuck.

Adds
Thanks given by:
ahhh i get the name calamity now. Good to see youre still about after those "bumps" You can still make the 306s fast. just not as fast as a bike. but you can do it all relativly cheaply atm. Get some pictures up and welcome along
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Adds.  It's good to see another member on here with an XU petrol under the bonnet - we're in a minority!

Glad to see you seem pleased with your purchase, especially as you seem recently to have been used to sportier offerings.  I assume you're going to be fixing stuff yourself?  You'll definitely get any advice needed here.  It's been invaluable for me and a great community to be part of.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, it seems like a good engine, loads of poke. I have had some lovely cars over the years, but I don’t pick a car because of the way it drives or how quick it is, I pick them for the way they make me feel. The bikes was freedom, also the wife couldn’t phone me lol, the Porsche made me feel better about being me, but not because it was a Porsche, just because it had something. I had an old 1991 3.9 Range Rover that did that, gave me the same feeling, again can’t tell you why and the 306 gives me the same feeling. It’s nothing to do with cost or the make, well I say that, but every Alfa I have owned has given me that. This 306 also makes me feel better about being me, again can’t tell you why. I will try and work out how to put pics up.

Side note if anyone has a hard top going

Adds
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good afternoon Lomas933 0 1,145 22-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Lomas933
Video Afternoon all Bennetts101 5 2,434 25-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
Thumbs Up Good afternoon! Letting you all know my pug 306 and myself. thecrab 10 1,764 30-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: thecrab