Hi all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all
Hi,

Norwegian here. Bought a Peugeot 306 2000 1.6L (automatic) last autumn, from a colleague of mine. 

I'm a honestly not the biggest car enthusiast around, but I do love fixing things. And there's a couple of things that need fixing on this baby. Initially, I noticed there was a leak from the exhaust. Looked to me as if the leak was just before the muffler. While I was waiting for a new muffler to arrive the mail, the whole system just fell off one day. I needed to use the car again ASAP so I paid my local mechanic to fix it for me, which turned out to be quite expensive  Doh

Anyways, now that the exhaust system is replaced, next on my list is to replace the fuel pump, then fix an issue with the wipers. So you'll probably see me starting some threads to get some guidance on that later. Hopefully, I'll find a way to contribute to the community Itwasntme

Cheers, and have a nice weekend all
Thanks given by:
Hi welcome to the club! Big Grin Lots of guides and things on here. Get a project thread up Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome along.  I've just done the fuel pump on my car.  Relatively straightforward but essential that battery is disconnected to prevent any source of ignition when removing/replacing the pump.

If your fuel gauge (sender unit) is working fine then it's not necessary to replace the whole unit.  For less than half the cost you can just replace the pump inside the sender unit.  (Very easy to unclip the top part of the sender unit).

This is what I used.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tank-Fuel-Pum...33a0286822  All works fine.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2018, 03:54 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: Welcome along.  I've just done the fuel pump on my car.  Relatively straightforward but essential that battery is disconnected to prevent any source of ignition when removing/replacing the pump.

If your fuel gauge (sender unit) is working fine then it's not necessary to replace the whole unit.  For less than half the cost you can just replace the pump inside the sender unit.  (Very easy to unclip the top part of the sender unit).

This is what I used.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tank-Fuel-Pum...33a0286822  All works fine.

Thanks for the advice! I was watching a video of some people changing the fuel pump, and it seemed a bit tricky to pull the pump out of the tank and get the new one back in. That was a little off-putting to me.
Did it take long for you to replace the pump?
Thanks given by:
Hi grommit.  I'll post to your pump replacement thread a bit later.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to 306oc Smile I've been thinking of replacing my sender for a while so I will keep an eye on this.

It's always been a problem. I have a 60ltr tank, only fill up when my red fuel light comes on yet when I fill up there's still roughly 13ltrs in the tank. It's totally inaccurate.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2018, 11:04 PM)Nexus Wrote: Welcome to 306oc Smile I've been thinking of replacing my sender for a while so I will keep an eye on this.

It's always been a problem. I have a 60ltr tank, only fill up when my red fuel light comes on yet when I fill up there's still roughly 13ltrs in the tank. It's totally inaccurate.

The red light comes on well before the tank is empty Nex so your sender unit may be fine.  They're not massively accurate even when working correctly!
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2018, 11:16 PM)Mighty306 Wrote:
(26-01-2018, 11:04 PM)Nexus Wrote: Welcome to 306oc Smile I've been thinking of replacing my sender for a while so I will keep an eye on this.

The red light comes on well before the tank is empty Nex so your sender unit may be fine.  They're not massively accurate even when working correctly!

Cheers Mighty, I know my Mpg has always been fine as I always keep an eyes on the miles I get from each tank. It's just a little off putting thinking your on fums when you've actually still got another 70 odd miles.
Thanks given by: