VNT map issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VNT map issues
So on my new car the leon. Yes i got shot of the golf for a leon. mainly because i hated the golfs engine. I have a vp powered leon with a lot of extras on and i love it. Now we are past that (i hope). 

I have a small issue with the map on this. In a word I have no idea what im doing to control the VNT turbo. Ill admit im a novice with this. The map that was on the car when i got it was utter shite even i could see that. When i bought it the turbo had melted its blades and siezed the vnt mech. Ive since put another turbo on it off a pd150. Gt1749b. The fueling has been adjusted so there is no smoke and is fairly conservative. However in 1st and second i get issues with overboost unless i feed the throttle in slowly. I currently now have the standard n75 table on. I tried a pd150 n75 table and fiddled about with that a bit but couldnt get it to work. hence the standard table now on it. I KNOW that there is other things in play here like the PID control howver i dont know how to adjust it at all. Any help? any tip? anything?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
n75 duty cycle has been raised to 80% on a recomendations. It is a lot better but im still not happy. The boost still spikes (only slightly now so its drivable) boost like to fluctuate though sometimes like its stuck on loop. Im going to have another fiddle tonight i think.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Ah - you didn't mention the fact it had a different turbo on!

Get the precontrol (N75) map and boost setpoint maps from whatever engine that turbo is off and use that to start with, with the same amount of fuel (as long as you've not de-calibrated the pump voltage map) will have roughly the same exhaust gas velocity and thus require roughly the same precontrol values.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, different turbo, totally different controls. Even a difference in intake to a turbo makes the control map redundant....as I've found
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah i got it figured out in the end. It has a pd150 turebo on it. It has a pd150 n75 values on with some adjustment to make it work a bit better. Managed to get it working correctly today. Took about 5 hours in total and about 20 map adjustments and uploads. Also had to adjust the actuator rod length and it works perfect now. so happy, first time since ive had the xar i can actually drive it properly. Have done a few logs tonight in order to find out how much air shes consuming to dial in the fuel a bit more. Got a lot of other fixes to do now though before hand before i dial in everything else.

Also pump voltage hasnt been adjusted at all yet. Its on the to do list but waant to fit the 11mm head first
Thanks given by:
Well, the pump voltage map will be totally different once you fit the 11mm head...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2017, 07:24 PM)Ruan Wrote: Well, the pump voltage map will be totally different once you fit the 11mm head...

yeah hence not wanting to do it twice. If i djust it all now i have to do it again soon.
Thanks given by:
you've got a leon?
Thanks given by:
Yeah I kept this quite [emoji23]

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: