Reviews Wanted..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviews Wanted..
Sooooo,

In the near future im looking at starting my own business the concept of which is still being thought up but i will need a van. I dont want anything huge and was looking at an 08 Astra Van something with the 1.7cdti engine in. Although it will be a works van I want it to be stylish and under the 2k mark. 

Has anyone owned one or does anyone have another contender to throw into the ring?

My ears are all open.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
I have had 2 Astra vans one was a 1.3cdti and the other 1.7cdti both suffered from EGR problems above 100k. They come with no toys even in the sportive form it’s pretty basic.

Citroen Nemo or Peugeot Bipper - Can get a 60 plate for around £2k if you go for enterprise/professional spec you get air con Bluetooth ect. Smart little vans although the load space is limited, but it depends what your carrying?
Thanks given by:
Not to worried about added extras im coming from a Peugeot with no AC didn't have heaters for 6 months and such soo that doesn't bother me are the EGRs hard to blank being a diesel engine and having thr 1.7 astra before they map reasonably well.
Thanks given by:
you can drop the saab 2.0 lump in the astras. El Sid has one.
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Eeyore Wrote: you can drop the saab 2.0 lump in the astras. El Sid has one.

Theres an older astra van in wolvo with a V6 turbo saab lump in it running 270 did look tempting but want that 50mpg
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2017, 08:49 AM)306carter Wrote: I have had 2 Astra vans one was a 1.3cdti and the other 1.7cdti both suffered from EGR problems above 100k. They come with no toys even in the sportive form it’s pretty basic.

Citroen Nemo or Peugeot Bipper - Can get a 60 plate for around £2k if you go for enterprise/professional spec you get air con Bluetooth ect. Smart little vans although the load space is limited, but it depends what your carrying?

Don't get the Bipper/Nemo my mum had the Bipper tepee, the heaters weren't good enough to clear the windows properly (design flaw) and the boot catch didn't lock in properly sometimes leading to the boot opening while driving. Also the mechanism on the sliding door is shite and they aren't comfortable because of the shape of the door cards and the fact the shape of the dash means if you have longer legs you are stuck in one position.

The Bipper was so bad that my parents, who change their cars every 6 years with a 3 year offset (ie mum gets a new car, 3 years later dad gets a new car, 3 years later mum gets a new car etc) changed the Bipper after just 3 years meaning dad kept his old C3 almost a decade before it got changed.

Anyway we had that shape Astra at work and they were really nice as cars, the last decent hatchback we had really but it is a Vauxhall.
Have you considered one of the last Berlingos (i.e a mk1 facelift or whatever you would call it) with wither the 2.0 HDi or 1.6HDi
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2017, 10:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(21-12-2017, 08:49 AM)306carter Wrote: I have had 2 Astra vans one was a 1.3cdti and the other 1.7cdti both suffered from EGR problems above 100k. They come with no toys even in the sportive form it’s pretty basic.

Don't get the Bipper/Nemo my mum had the Bipper tepee, the heaters weren't good enough to clear the windows properly (design flaw) and the boot catch didn't lock in properly sometimes leading to the boot opening while driving. Also the mechanism on the sliding door is shite and they aren't comfortable because of the shape of the door cards and the fact the shape of the dash means if you have longer legs you are stuck in one position.

The Bipper was so bad that my parents, who change their cars every 6 years with a 3 year offset (ie mum gets a new car, 3 years later dad gets a new car, 3 years later mum gets a new car etc) changed the Bipper after just 3 years meaning dad kept his old C3 almost a decade before it got changed.

Anyway we had that shape Astra at work and they were really nice as cars, the last decent hatchback we had really but it is a Vauxhall.
Have you considered one of the last Berlingos (i.e a mk1 facelift or whatever you would call it) with wither the 2.0 HDi or 1.6HDi

Didnt really look and little box vans just something about the astra van being the size of a normal car height wise alwasy appealed to me.
Thanks given by:
Berlingo.

so much more van for your money and much easier to work on, a lot quieter than the agricultural GM tractor lumps.

you'll even get into a mk3 berlingo for 2k which will get you 3 seats in some, the L2 only came in in late 2012 so they're 3k up.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
If it's a small van you're after I'd certainly go for a Berlingo/partner. Basic as f*ck to maintain and they can't really be beaten for load space considering its size. If you wanted something you grow into you could pick up a fairly good vauxhall vivaro/Renault trafic swb in your budget
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Same as above, berlingo all the way. Nemos are no end of trouble, our motor factors has a fleet and they're always in and out of the workshop.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers for the help and adivce guys moneys in the pocket so am gonna start the hunt.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  106 quicksilver reviews mattydturb 24 6,624 01-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Not 306 but 206 reviews Moh 9 2,920 31-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Moh