shot-sift. woth the hassle?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shot-sift. woth the hassle?
as in the title,
are they worth fitting for a more comfortable drive?
any recommendations to brand?
thanks
and Happy New Year

It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Have been considering making something like this as can't reach easy once in decent seat position
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2017, 10:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Have been considering making something like this as can't reach easy once in decent seat position

mine was from eBay
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I would suggest money is better spent on the upgraded adjustable gearlinkages and taking the slack out of the stock system.
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2018, 09:51 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I would suggest money is better spent on the upgraded adjustable gearlinkages and taking the slack out of the stock system.

now that's a good tip! thank oyu ThumbsUp
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2018, 11:03 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 09:51 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I would suggest money is better spent on the upgraded adjustable gearlinkages and taking the slack out of the stock system.

now that's a good tip! thank oyu ThumbsUp

When I first got my 1.8 it had a short shift. I really liked it but other people couldnt stand it. The thing is that if you make it half as short it actually requires twice as much effort to change gear as youve reduced the leverage. Moving to the rallye with a standard shifter has been a much nicer experience Smile
Thanks given by:
it's more that 1,3 +5 can be a bit of a reach sometimes.
bend the stick perhaps?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
yeh could do. With any aftermarket stick remember it may not have lift up reverse. Shouldnt be a problem with a 5 speed box though.
Thanks given by:
I've got the rev opposite 5th (right & back)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2018, 04:42 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: I've got the rev opposite 5th (right & back)

kl. When I had the short shift on the 1.8 we fitted the 6 speed box to it. We fitted a bike brake lever to it for a while to pull the cable Tongue It was almost impossible to use!
Thanks given by:
i'll see how Kris B is fixed in the spring
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
If you want to bend it its easy enough to do it yourself. Or just chop it and weld it back together at the required angle!
Thanks given by:
Er your short shift was broken Sam... Was like stirring lumpy old broth.
Also...most of us are normal height...so with the seat in a man position... 1st is a stretch
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2018, 11:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: Er your short shift was broken Sam... Was like stirring lumpy old broth.
Also...most of us are normal height...so with the seat in a man position... 1st is a stretch

also sometimes the entire stick would pull out :p
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2018, 09:26 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 11:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: Er your short shift was broken Sam... Was like stirring lumpy old broth.

also sometimes the entire stick would pull out :p

Rofl Itwasntme
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

you must have short arms or reeeeeallly long legs Tongue
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Nope. Just usual random Peugeot seating position. 3rd is similar. Needs about 50mm to be more ideal. And I'm not that tall. Get the likes of Ruan in a decent position for his legs and it's miles away
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2018, 11:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: Nope. Just usual random Peugeot seating position. 3rd is similar. Needs about 50mm to be more ideal. And I'm not that tall. Get the likes of Ruan in a decent position for his legs and it's miles away

sounds like he needs a column extension
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: