Light Weight Door Cards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light Weight Door Cards
Hello

Once again with one of my mad ideas I’m looking to track Puglet in 2018 so the door cards are on the table to be replaced.

I have found some online that look to be what I am after and was wondering if anyone has made there own. Just so I can gauge an idea on depth of Perspex sizes and such.

Pictures to show example.

Duplicate post admins please delete
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
yeh you can just make your own. You dont need too many rivets to hold them on. If you ever get a cage you cant run standard door cards with anything but the safety devices cage.
Thanks given by:
Ive soursed some 3mm thick black Perspex and such just got to cut and work out how things are going to go as am going to keep my speakers and electric windows but also want them flocked so any suggestions on that would be grand.
Thanks given by:
i dont know what the material should be. Try not to shatter it. If you have get a dremmel definitely get one.
Thanks given by:
Yeah as said...perspex can shatter
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2017, 02:13 PM)Eeyore Wrote: i dont know what the material should be. Try not to shatter it. If you have get a dremmel definitely get one.

Ahh well that isnt ideal at all is it..... I will have to look into other material i know Piggy suggested using bathroom bath plastic.
Thanks given by:
do you actually think there would be much of saving in weight between 3mm Plastic sheeting and standard door cards especially as you are running electric windows and speaker is there much point
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2017, 10:25 AM)Esmyth124 Wrote: do you actually think there would be much of saving in weight between 3mm Plastic sheeting and standard door cards especially as you are running electric windows and speaker is there much point

Weight saving idea went sorta out the window but the fact that im gonna stuggle to fit a cage in the car with the normal door cards in has come up as the biggest benefit to doing this.
Thanks given by:
Eeyore (Sam) has a cage fitted with stock door cards
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2017, 12:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: Eeyore (Sam) has a cage fitted with stock door cards

Most cages ive looked at that people have ran have said you need to remove the door cards..
Thanks given by:
Maybe...but see my above comment lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2017, 01:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: Maybe...but see my above comment lol
It’s an if and a but I suppose will cross the bridge when I get there cool mod for those looking to track there car thi
Thanks given by:
Safety devices roll cage allows for standard door cards and no cutting of the dash. Only thing you cant have is the lower glove box. The OMP I dont think requires cutting of the dash but doesnt fit door cards. Other cages especially ones more than 6 point will require cutting of the dash.
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2017, 10:36 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Safety devices roll cage allows for standard door cards and no cutting of the dash. Only thing you cant have is the lower glove box. The OMP I dont think requires cutting of the dash but doesnt fit door cards. Other cages especially ones more than 6 point will require cutting of the dash.

Hadnt seen the Safety Device one but had seen both the OMP and some others unsure on brand that had all stated door cards had to be removed. But i can go from there when i have one in the car.
Thanks given by:
I have the omp 6 point cage in my 6 and the original door cards fit fine.
no problem at all.
Thanks given by: TommiePuglet
(01-11-2017, 07:52 PM)impotentials Wrote: I have the omp 6 point cage in my 6 and the original door cards fit fine.
no problem at all.

Cheers dude
Thanks given by:
Remember that designers change roll cages. There are about 3 variations of the safety devices ones over the years that vary in width and height. Mine was made in 2016 for the record.
Thanks given by:
I've used 1.5mm ABS for mine. You can cut it with a sharp knife so it's easy to work with. Cost me £36 for an 8 x 4 sheet.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2017, 09:05 PM)Ben Wrote: I've used 1.5mm ABS for mine. You can cut it with a sharp knife so it's easy to work with. Cost me £36 for an 8 x 4 sheet.

I've just got 2mm sheet of this. On end of line discount £29 for 8x4 delivered
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's a good price. Delivery would have been great I had to bend it up into the car!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Light Weight Door Cards TommiePuglet 2 1,427 29-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Last Post: TommiePuglet
  making door cards to accept manual windows Matt 7 1,823 06-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Matt
  Door cards/window switches hotrodjacko 4 1,243 24-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Fozzy