Mpg over fueling?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mpg over fueling?
Hey guys, firstly hello, I'm back again :Smile

Secondly, got the rallye back on the road yesterday. Does feel good to drive, but I put in only getting around 50 miles to 18l of fuel, been driving it a lot since insured to make sure everything is okay. And then only issue is the fueling, it's always been bad but never this bad. 
It's getting serviced this weekend, filter, oil, oil filter and plugs. Anything else I should look at?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Ecu temp sensor is worth swapping. Green sensor on thermostat housing best to fit genuine as most pattern ones aren't much good.
Thanks given by:
That something that would affect the fueling that much?
It's also having an occasional starting issue where it will just turn over for ages unless it's left 30 seconds or so. Doesn't happen every startup just the occasional. Could be related?

Friend has a code reader so going to stick that on at the weekend and see if anything pops up
Thanks given by:
12 mpg?!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yep it's god awful, I thought there might be more idea in the issue, but threads rather quiet haha
Thanks given by:
I would change ecu temp sensor and check fuel pump relay ( i had them cause over fuelling too )
Thanks given by:
Might be worth checking for a fuel leak, the elbow near the filler are known to leak.

Also worth checking for brakes binding if it's been standing. Sliders or pistons might be getting stuck.

Does the exhaust smell rich after a run?
Thanks given by:
Check lambda Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Okay so I'm gaining mpg back, but I have changed nothing so far. Been trying to source any leaks before I buy parts. But I can't see any visible, I'm wondering if there is a hole in the line somewhere that only sorays when it's running
Thanks given by:
I've had mine leak from connectors to the lines direct to/from the fuel rail. Couldn't notice with the engine running but if you stopped it running the fuel would slowly seep out at the connection. Plus as mentioned rear elbow.... only leaked if I parked the car backwards on the drive (hill). The top of the pipe was cracked so didn't leak on the flat, but was enough for the fuel to evaporate off. Does the car smell of fuel?
Thanks given by: