Block work - stage 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block work - stage 3
(05-10-2017, 10:31 AM)welshpug Wrote: if there's nothing wrong with your current lump just use that.
More of a case of needing to keep the car mobile while the engines being built.
And the other reason is i suspect the engine could be breathing heavily as it enjoys pushing oil out despite sorting everything else out around it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2017, 11:22 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 10:31 AM)welshpug Wrote: if there's nothing wrong with your current lump just use that.
And the other reason is i suspect the engine could be breathing heavily as it enjoys pushing oil out despite sorting everything else out around it

i want to freshen up the engine on my rallye and also not have it unusable :/ so im in the same position. I think the risk is that as soon as you pull the engine if you ever lose motivation you wont be able to drive the car again to get it back!
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2017, 12:33 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 11:22 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote:

i want to freshen up the engine on my rallye and also not have it unusable :/ so im in the same position. I think the risk is that as soon as you pull the engine if you ever lose motivation you wont be able to drive the car again to get it back!

Think this is gonna be the case with any engine transplant.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2017, 08:20 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: keep it on topic please chaps, Facebook is the place to abuse and belittle each other Big Grin

I don't use Facebook. 
This is as good a place as any to expose an idiot.

Sorry Dr Jekyll , or Mr Hyde.  Whichever.  All comments from now on will be strictly on topic.

P.M me if interested Mike.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Just to throw this out there before i buy new. If anyone has a set of arp's avaliable for sale i now have funds to purchase them

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Sounds like i could be doing similar to you justin, I plan to build up a fresh engine over the winter.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2017, 07:31 PM)Frosty Wrote: Sounds like i could be doing similar to you justin, I plan to build up a fresh engine over the winter.
Mines just crapping its pants atm. These are still pretty reliable if the block was stronger.
Yours showing signs of fading out too then?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2017, 07:33 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 07:31 PM)Frosty Wrote: Sounds like i could be doing similar to you justin, I plan to build up a fresh engine over the winter.
Mines just crapping its pants atm. These are still pretty reliable if the block was stronger.

Still struggling with the white smoke issue which we think could poss be down to a compression issue. 

Been thinking about doing an engine for it for a while, get it all painted up and looking smart etc.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2017, 07:56 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 07:33 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote:

Still struggling with the white smoke issue which we think could poss be down to a compression issue. 

Been thinking about doing an engine for it for a while, get it all painted up and looking smart etc.
Exactly the same here. White smokes if you toe down after allowing it to sit ticking over or after a long period of not ragging it. Still blowing a small amount of water out aswell.

Just think its all pointing to a tired engine.

Also got so many oil leaks aswell

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
worth getting a 16v DW10 (110bhp) and giving that a once over before droppig it in?

would start immediately with a better platform.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2017, 10:33 AM)toseland Wrote: worth getting a 16v DW10 (110bhp) and giving that a once over before droppig it in?

would start immediately with a better platform.
Thought mountings different

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
not vastly.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Tbf ive never done a headgasket so maybe one step at a time first

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by: