Handbrake strange one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handbrake strange one
Rainbow 
I've had all sorts of problems with the handbrake and calipers etc. So I've changed the pads, discs, handbrake cables and calipers all new. I a just the calipers by hand until the pistens nearly touches the pads. I then tighten up the cable in the car. 

The brakes were better but handbrake still not right after doing those. 

So next..............

The brake servo started playing up hissing so got a new one that fixed that problem and the brakes felt good and abs works now. The handbrake cable seems to of streched gone worse I think with all the problems.

So today I got another new set of handbrake cables. So now the car holds great facing forward upwards on a hill can see the car rear rise with the handbrake holding That good news.

The car facing forward downhill it better then before but don't seem to hold as well?

How can it work one way but not the other confused?

306 hdi
Thanks given by:
you need to pump the pedal to adjust the pistons before adjusting the cables, and there should be no tension in the cables, just remove the slack.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: Welshy_Pete
As above. Never touch the handbrake/cables till pumped pedal and bedded pads in.
Wishes for more power...
(28-09-2017, 10:48 PM)welshpug Wrote: you need to pump the pedal to adjust the pistons before adjusting the cables, and there should be no tension in the cables, just remove the slack.

Does the engine need to be running to pump the pedal to a just the pistons or with the engine off?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Easier for you and your leg with engine running
Wishes for more power...
I went out 1am this morning and fixed the problem thanks for the help and advice.
Thanks given by: