Spanish 306 Cabrio?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish 306 Cabrio?
Hi All

I'm a newbie and I might be just about to buy a cabrio in Spain.  I have a house over there (nothing flash) and I spend a lot hiring cars for 4 - 6 weeks at a time and especially in the summer when it is expensive.  I have always liked 306's and one is for sale in Spain which could be the answer to my car hire problems.  Second hand cars in Spain compared to here are expensive.  The car is a 1998 1.6 petrol.  We are inland up the mountains about 15 mins from the coast, nearest big town Estepona.  I was wondering what I would expect to get in mpg, i'd be hoping for about 35.  There is a link to the car below.  If you right click you can translate to English.  All advice welcome.

TIA

https://www.autocasion.com/coches-segund...ref1676915
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club. I think you should easily br able to get 35mpg. Good that its the manual as the autos are fairly rubbish and will use more mpg. If you get it just check it all out. The headgaskets arent great on the TU engines. Just obvious car stuff really.
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2017, 04:21 PM)Eeyore Wrote: welcome to the club. I think you should easily br able to get 35mpg. Good that its the manual as the autos are fairly rubbish and will use more mpg. If you get it just check it all out. The headgaskets arent great on the TU engines. Just obvious car stuff really.

Thanks Eeyore, if I end up getting it, I'll stick it in for a full service, cambelt change etc........
Thanks given by:
Optimum location to actually own a cabriolet! Used to live a few hours down the coast from there, some lovely driving roads along the coast and up the mountains!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum, good idea to buy rather than rent - is it a China blue one?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction and search for help with my 306 Cabrio ipeco85 7 2,092 23-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Cabrio Phase 1 Nobbyellaway 13 2,037 29-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Nobbyellaway