Gti6 flywheel on a xud. Will it work?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 flywheel on a xud. Will it work?
Replacing my clutch shortly for something decent like a Helix or Sachs. I also want to run a upgraded flywheel and had the gti6 in mind. Will it work? Are there Any other good upgrades as far as the flywheel is concerned ? I'm running a hdi gearbox. Any help will be appreciated
Thanks given by:
won't have the correct pickup on the back of the flywheel for rev counter iirc
Thanks given by:
I thought it would....

Only thing is afaik, there is no locking pin for timing
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 06:59 AM)Piggy Wrote: I thought it would....

gti-6 uses gears round geared ring for all effect sensor - xud has two slots cut out on back for inductive sensor
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 07:22 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 06:59 AM)Piggy Wrote: I thought it would....

gti-6 uses gears round geared ring for all effect sensor - xud has two slots cut out on back for inductive sensor

Yeah I know....but I'm 62% sure it has those slots for some reason
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ok so heres is a pic you can use 

you want the slots on the flywheel on the right

that being said, prob nothing to stop you running the other sensor and clocks to suit

Thanks given by:
Dash in the GTI6 is driven from the ECU not the sensor directly, the GTI flywheel will be missing a locking peg hole, and the marks for the tacho. Do you mean you want to upgrade to an aftermarket billet style GTI6 flywheel? As cant see the stock one is much of an upgrade?

I have done various things in the past to make tacho's work from incorrect flywheels, so is possible, but much easier to just keep the system that works....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
stock flywheel is 6.5 kg for an xu10, what's an XUD flywheel weigh? a bit more i'd imagine as they have much less taken out between the bolts and less of a dish on the back.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Xu10 flywheel is 2.5kg lighter
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
nice cheap roughly 25%+ lop off the rotating mass then, most of that is around the outside too.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info guys. I just want a lighter flywheel that will add a bit more response and output. Is there any good ones out there that aren't worth a fortune? Nothing over 300.
Thanks given by:
have an engineering shop skim lighten a stock one for you - shouldn't cost you more than about £20/30

done it twice myself now
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 04:34 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: have an engineering shop skim lighten a stock one for you - shouldn't cost you more than about £20/30

done it twice myself now

Thanks for help. It won't need balanced after will it ?
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 06:12 PM)Logue1996 Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 04:34 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: have an engineering shop skim lighten a stock one for you - shouldn't cost you more than about £20/30

done it twice myself now

i imagine they will lighten and balance it.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 08:02 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 06:12 PM)Logue1996 Wrote:

done it twice myself now

i imagine they will lighten and balance it.

Yeah they balance when lightning them. My local one balances them on a carnk though. I have to supply a crank for them to balance them with normally
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: