I'm in the USA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm in the USA
Some of you may know me and the wife are doing Route 66 for my 30th. We're 2 days in and we're in Springfield, IL ATM. For those who haven't been Chicago is brilliant. Anyway this being a car site and all I wanted to share what we've rented. I did want a Mustang but they only had a Camaro. It's  not the v8, "only" the 335bhp 3.6 v6. 

[Image: qb6mRg.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Schweeet, I've always intended to do the route66 holiday too Smile Are you following a guide or making your own way through the original route?
Thanks given by:
We've done a lot of reading but we're not following the route exactly as it's mostly defunct or 45 mph roads so we're hitting the main stops and using the interstate in between.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a brilliant trip! What's the Camaro like?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Send what app me a video of you giving it some tom :lol

Well have good trip mate.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Sam Barker is out there too and he has just got a convertible camaro as a hire as well! Have fun!
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2017, 06:37 AM)partybish Wrote: Sounds like a brilliant trip!  What's the Camaro like?

It sounds epic and looks epic. It's got this intelligent fuel saver that when cruising it'll switch off two cylinders so on a long 75mph interstate run I can get 30mpg. And that's US gallons which is 3.5 litres not 4.5 so it'll be a bit higher by our standards!

Downside is the transmission. I'm totally an auto convert since I've had the DSG on my daily but this auto is awful. The kickdown is sluggish and most of the time you find it clunks down one gear then another. However when it's on song it's very fast

(29-08-2017, 08:18 PM)7057sam Wrote: Send what app me a video of you giving it some tom :lol

Well have good trip mate.

Cheers dude. I'm waiting for a good tunnel / bridge to capture some of the noise!
(29-08-2017, 09:33 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Sam Barker is out there too and he has just got a convertible camaro as a hire as well! Have fun!

It's not the most practical car for a cross country trip as the roof lowers into your boot space meaning we've got our suitcases in the back! There's also not a single cubby hole... anywhere! Only a tiny glove box!

Shared a motel with this:
[Image: 1DWMiw.jpg]

It is absolute sex. 6.2 v8 supercharged 707bhp. I don't think American muscle cars get any better
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
[Image: 4207bbfa8ef489f1676a3fd247468fcc.jpg]

Just got back also, had the same v6 camaro, loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Oh man they look sweet in yellow!

Was travelling down US HWY 1 which runs along the Pacific coast from San Fransisco to LA but because of road closures was forced inland. Which sucked but we did find:

[Image: apehBa.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by: