BE/6 Gearbox Selection Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BE/6 Gearbox Selection Issues
Hi all,

The gear shift in the rallye had become more vague, first thing I noticed was occasional difficulty finding 3rd, felt like the gate has moved a bit. Fast forward a few weeks and a new symptom was that it won't go into 1st. It's possible to push the stick 'too far' to the left, and then when trying to push forward into 1st there is resistance. Back it off a little to the right and it will go forwards and in.
Lastly I've noticed the self centering action of the stock from rhs back to centre is no longer there, still works from lhs.  Other than the vague selection the gearbox works fine, still drivable as long as you know exactly where to put  it for 1st and 3rd.

I've already changed the link rods, bushes and quadrant arm so guessing this is internal to the gearbox.

Anyone else had a similar issue and fixed it? I'm ok with the spanners but never had a gearbox apart. 

Cheers, Mike
Thanks given by:
more likely to be the stick itself or something coming loose.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2017, 12:00 PM)welshpug Wrote: more likely to be the stick itself or something coming loose.

There wasn't any up/down play in the stick as I checked this from underneath when replacing the bushes and pin in the bottom of the stick.
Nothing else is loose as it's all been replaced! The bracket holding the opposite ball on the lower short linkage is bolted onto the box securely.
If there were some play in the main ball and socket on the stick that wouldn't stop it from centering on the side to side axis?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stiff lower gears selection Magenta Sunset 3 1,211 15-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard