205 brake line fittings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 brake line fittings
so im replacing my brake lines 

Does anyone know what fittings i need for a 205 1.8d?

i think 12 M10 unions will do me?
Thanks given by:
Im sure theyre m10 x 1.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
for the 1.9 gti "you need 14 M10 unions and two M12, one side of the inline brake compensators has the larger thread."

from 205gtidrivers
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2017, 08:27 AM)Doseph Wrote: for the 1.9 gti "you need 14 M10 unions and two M12, one side of the inline brake compensators has the larger thread."

from 205gtidrivers

true dat
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2017, 08:34 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(18-08-2017, 08:27 AM)Doseph Wrote: for the 1.9 gti "you need 14 M10 unions and two M12, one side of the inline brake compensators has the larger thread."

from 205gtidrivers

true dat

the diesel is the same?
Thanks given by:
depends on the rear brake setup

if you have drums, then you shouldn't need the m12 as the compensators are built into the rear wheel cylinders.

if you got discs though, they have inline compensators that have m12 on one end and m10 on the other.
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2017, 08:41 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: depends on the rear brake setup

if you have drums, then you shouldn't need the m12 as the compensators are built into the rear wheel cylinders.

if you got discs though, they have inline compensators that have m12 on one end and m10 on the other.

ahhh it makes sense now, thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
From memory the base model drums (ie the ones with in-built compensators) don't use M10x1 fittings but something larger.

1.6 GTi spec drums (that have a separate compensator in the engine bay) are M10x1 as are all the other unions, with the exception of one side of 1.9 non-ABS compensators as mentioned.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
pretty sure as Anthony mentioned that the wheel cylinders may be M12.

also for ease of fitment I would do as peugeot did on the 306 and citroen on the zx, which is to use an inline joiner at the base of the bulkhead to link up to the pipes going off to the rear.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
ok so i think this should do me then?

Thanks given by:
Are you re doing all the lines? The m12 one is just on the rear.

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2017, 06:58 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Are you re doing all the lines? The m12 one is just on the rear.

The tank is out and its off the road so I thought it would be easier now
BUT Would i bet better off just replacing front and then the rear upto the inline joiner. and leaving the rest till i deal with rear brakes?

also i got a bit confused between brakes lines and fuel lines when i was stripping it, and pulled the wrong one out, so one of the lines is quite kinked now.
Thanks given by: