Dum-Dum's Impreza Prodrive

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Impreza Prodrive
Another month, another car. This one I actually intend to keep though.

At the start of July I bought my second Subaru Impreza WRX although I paid over three times as much as my last one.
It's a Genuine Prodrive Performance Pack car (got an extra 40bhp) with what appears to be a genuine 62,000 with FSH amongst other things.

It's also been modified with a few bits like a VF34 turbo and STi pink injectors, all the de-cats and a remap to an alleged 320bhp. Dyno graph says 302bhp though which is allegedly because of the dyno overheating winter tyres which sounds like bullshit to me. It's also had a 30mm drop on Tein/Eibach suspension with Godspeed discs and kevlar pads

Plans are mainly keeping it clean and shiny, remove the roof rails,tinting everything, finding a way of getting a little more driver leg room , fitting an induction kit, FMIC, bigger bore dump valve and a V7 Sti inlet manifold and putting it on a set of black 18" wheels so I could eventually fit STi Brembos and I'd love a tarted up shiny engine bay.

My inspiration is this

Thanks given by:
Lovely car mate, How do you find the tein springs iv heard mixed reviews about them?
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
What's happening with the 306? I messaged you about the gt2052 ages ago but you never replied?

Thanks given by:
That looks awesome. 300bhp estate - what more could you want?!! Looking forward to seeing updates and pics of the engine bay getting shined up! I know it's obviously not what you bought the car for but what sort of mpg are you getting from this?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
looks naughty!
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2017, 06:54 AM)td_dan Wrote: Lovely car mate, How do you find the tein springs iv heard mixed reviews about them?
It's a little stiff for a 30mm drop possibly

(24-07-2017, 08:06 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: What's happening with the 306? I messaged you about the gt2052 ages ago but you never replied?
306 is for sale. I must have missed your message and I'm not sure on selling an un tested home built turbo

(24-07-2017, 09:48 AM)partybish Wrote: That looks awesome.  300bhp estate - what more could you want?!!  Looking forward to seeing updates and pics of the engine bay getting shined up!  I know it's obviously not what you bought the car for but what sort of mpg are you getting from this?
Currently 31.29mpg but don't take that as any sort of guide as I've only put fuel in it 3 times and most of my driving has been motorway or A road at about the speed limit. Gimmie a couple of tanks of commuting and nipping to the shops and that and it'll probably be down below the mid 20s
https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/850147.html

(24-07-2017, 10:30 AM)Eeyore Wrote: looks naughty!
Definitely naughty, never driven anything with acceleration like it.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2017, 08:50 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(24-07-2017, 06:54 AM)td_dan Wrote: Lovely car mate, How do you find the tein springs iv heard mixed reviews about them?
It's a little stiff for a 30mm drop possibly

Ok cheers iv purchased some vogtlands from demon tweeks as there on sale and heard good things about them

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Nice!
Thanks given by:
never liked that bodystyle but I can see why they stuck with it, a proper estate would have been too much like a forester!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Winning
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2017, 04:06 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Nice!
Cheers mate.

(25-07-2017, 07:28 AM)welshpug Wrote: never liked that bodystyle but I can see why they stuck with it, a proper estate would have been too much like a forester!
Yeah Subaru call it a hatchback and there is no more boot floor space than the saloon

(25-07-2017, 02:54 PM)Orta Wrote: Winning
Cheers dude
Thanks given by:
Shiny things have arrived, the FMIC Kit barely fitted in the boot of the car.

It is very shiny though Smile

Thanks given by:
what happened to the ford pick up?
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2017, 09:21 PM)procta Wrote: what happened to the ford pick up?

chris finished it and sold it.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2017, 07:53 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 09:21 PM)procta Wrote: what happened to the ford pick up?

chris finished it and sold it.

he made a good job on it too! Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I'm terrible at updating projects so here's 3 weeks worth of updates in 1 go.

I've been playing with this over the last few weeks.
Tinted the rear lights with film, very fiddly but did quite a nice job in the end.

Sadly parked in the sun one day he glue gave up ruining the look.

Peeled the film off and re did it with spray.

Also did the fog lights and side repeaters

Also fitted the FMIC set up, induction kit and bigger bore dump valve

Had to trim a fair bit out of the fog light supports and the bumper in general.

But it all looks good in the end.

Shes been conducting daily driver duties where she met this and for once the Impreza wasn't the center of attention.

I've done loads of little bits to her including a smaller front plate and a sun strip as well as 'installing' this offensive air freshener which amuses me every time.

I've also been loving driving it so much that I've done over £350 in V power in less than a month, not all of that has gone into forward momentum, I found out that it also makes huge bangs and flames if I can get it hot enough LOL.

Also took her to get washed yesterday as although I think she looks awesome dirty it was rather showing up fingerprints on the doors, boot and where I'd fitted new parts.

Plans today are swapping the stereo as I hate the Kenwood double DIN thats in there and removing the roof rails before I damage the trims that are in my garage.
Thanks given by:
I prefered the lights normal really as i find the all black look a bit unimaginative. Looks good though and glad youre having fun. Also glad it appears to be largely the same shape as when you got it!
Thanks given by:
How many miles was that 350 quid roughly?

I still really want an impreza!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2017, 09:08 PM)RetroPug Wrote: How many miles was that 350 quid roughly?

I still really want an impreza!

50L is 250 miles give or take unless I'm sitting on the motorway.
Thanks given by:
Would love to drive one properly.
Don't think I could own one.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2017, 09:58 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Would love to drive one properly.
Don't think I could own one.

I'd also love to be able to drive one properly Itwasntme
It's too fast for getting your toe in on the road most of the time. Need to find another set of tyres and get on a track day.
Thanks given by:
simular mileage vs fuel spend to the evo. £50 a week i spend lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the saab is doing only slightly more mpg. Not helping me wanting to get an evo still :p
Thanks given by:
So, what are you dealing? Crack?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
#somemachine

I like it, always enjoy a update.
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
(17-08-2017, 10:36 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Sounds like the saab is doing only slightly more mpg. Not helping me wanting to get an evo still :p

Buy one sam!

Its a good choice trust me Wink
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2017, 08:51 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Another month, another car. This one I actually intend to keep though.

At the start of July I bought my second Subaru Impreza WRX although I paid over three times as much as my last one.
It's a Genuine Prodrive Performance Pack car (got an extra 40bhp) with what appears to be a genuine 62,000 with FSH amongst other things.

It's also been modified with a few bits like a VF34 turbo and STi pink injectors, all the de-cats and a remap to an alleged 320bhp. Dyno graph says 302bhp though which is allegedly because of the dyno overheating winter tyres which sounds like bullshit to me. It's also had a 30mm drop on Tein/Eibach suspension with Godspeed discs and kevlar pads

Plans are mainly keeping it clean and shiny, remove the roof rails,tinting everything, finding a way of getting a little more driver leg room , fitting an induction kit, FMIC, bigger bore dump valve and a V7 Sti inlet manifold and putting it on a set of black 18" wheels so I could eventually fit STi Brembos and I'd love a tarted up shiny engine bay.

My inspiration is this

Lovely car mate, I just worry about MPG
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2017, 09:51 PM)RA306 Wrote:
(23-07-2017, 08:51 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Another month, another car. This one I actually intend to keep though.

My inspiration is this

Lovely car mate, I just worry about MPG

Forget MPG, SPG is the way to go (smiles per gallon)

Nice looking car Dum-Dum! Try not to crash this one Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Subaru Impreza WRX RetroPug 10 5,049 31-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Eeyore