Another DTurbo Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another DTurbo Project
Thumbs Up 
Ok so il get a thread started for this, i have no idea how quickly il be trying things or breaking things! As the car isnt my daily id like to keep it reliable to start with so i can enjoy it at weekends, also when it does break il have to take it to my parents 60 miles away as i dont have anywhere to work on it where i live so that wont be ideal lol 
Anyway heres the first pictures of the car itself-

Ive got a bit of tidying up to do interior and body work wise but apart from that its not bad for 195k mileage and £220 Smile

First thing i wanted to do was upgrade the brakes, MOT is this friday so i thought lets try and do them before that. First hurdle was that id not read things properly and would have tried getting 14inch wheels over 283mm brakes! Luckily Bash had some 15s i could buy to get over that problem

Brakes definitely needed doing, im assuming those pads are a little light to pass? lol think i could do with bleeding them again, they are better than before but im thinking a little spongy still. 

Calipers were off a Peugeot 307, they were a bit dirty so i cleaned them up and then wanted to paint them red. I think they look alright, sadly i got a bit of brake fluid on them when fitting so there are some black patches where the paint came off! 
Picked up 2 new hoses for the brakes, i had read that i might need slightly longer ones due to the caliper position, luckily the old ones fit perfectly with some slack! Which was handy because there is no way i could get the old hoses off- if anyone has any tips on removal of very old hoses that would be appreciated Smile

Last thing to do before the MOT was get some new tyres as the back two were a bit light on tread

Just went for some cheap 195/50/R15, in the future i might go for something a bit nicer but i just wanted some tyres to pass my mot Smile

Next will be mainly cleaning the car, needs a good polish so i can get some nice beading next time it rains! 

Thanks for reading ThumbsUp

Other plans for the car-

I want to change the gearbox oil as im not sure when that was done.
Need to change the cambelt in a few 1000 miles, car was very well looked after so i think it will have been done fairly recently. Took the front cover off and it looked in good enough condition for now.
Il fit a cheap boost gauge to start with, its only got a lucas pump so il increase that and once ive checked which turbo ive got, il obviously tune that too. Im just going to stick at 18-20psi to start with.
At some point il look into refurbishing the alloys but i dont want to rush that so i might leave it for awhile.
Ive already changed the engine oil and fuel/oil/air filters as thats nice and easy, starts well so im hoping the glow plugs are good for now Smile
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
Ash, do you live in Witham?

Thanks given by:
(19-07-2017, 08:33 PM)Silky Wrote: Ash, do you live in Witham?

I do Smile    
Just see you're in chelmsford, hoping to attend the next meet at the Grange in Boreham when that happens. Passed a silver V reg 306 at the army and navy monday morning around 7am, dont suppose you know who that is?

Thanks given by:
Are you on Facebook? If so, join PSCuk Essex Group page
Find out about meets on there.
Or PM me your number.

As for silver 306, I don't know of any

Michael

Thanks given by:
Nice project, is it cherry red?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Sorry yes it is, i should have added that! Hopefully itl look brighter once ive polished it Smile

Thanks given by:
So not too much progress with this yet, picked up a few bits for it which il hopefully fit over the next few weeks.
Main thing I purchased is an engine to rebuild-

Borrowed the trailer and had my first towing experience! Was really pleased to get a full engine with pump and turbo attached so that will be a nice spare. First plan with that is removing the pump and getting that rebuilt, some nice guides on here so il be using them Big Grin

Once that's cleaned il look at sorting the rest of the engine out- planning on getting it sorted over the next year so will be no rush.

Back to the car- need to get the boost gauge in the car so I can turn up the fuel a bit! Hoping to do that early October so I can actually make progress with the car lol

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2017, 12:15 PM)Hobo Ash Wrote: So not too much progress with this yet, picked up a few bits for it which il hopefully fit over the next few weeks.
Main thing I purchased is an engine to rebuild-

Borrowed the trailer and had my first towing experience! Was really pleased to get a full engine with pump and turbo attached so that will be a nice spare. First plan with that is removing the pump and getting that rebuilt, some nice guides on here so il be using them Big Grin

Once that's cleaned il look at sorting the rest of the engine out- planning on getting it sorted over the next year so will be no rush.

Back to the car- need to get the boost gauge in the car so I can turn up the fuel a bit! Hoping to do that early October so I can actually make progress with the car lol

Ohh shiney engine build. Pop down to my workshop if you get stuck wihh the puMp Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Big Grin il be using your video on youtube to start with. I assume a seal kit off ebay is good enough?

Edit- thinking about it, the rebuild will hopefully be alright, itl be the initial set up that il need to come and see you for lol

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2017, 03:07 PM)Hobo Ash Wrote: Thanks Big Grin il be using your video on youtube to start with. I assume a seal kit off ebay is good enough?

Edit- thinking about it, the rebuild will hopefully be alright, itl be the initial set up that il need to come and see you for lol

Yeah man seal kit off ebay. Make sure its a genuine bosch one. The setup ups the easy part, if you can strip a pump you can do that
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Well we can wait and see next year what happens RE setting the pump up right lol!
Looking to get my seal kit I just wanted to check, is this all I need to rebuild it-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Bosch-...SwLVZVyjDE

There was another kit for an older pump that had loads of different bits in, 6 rubber things to replace didn't seem like enough lol
Got a week off in November so im hoping to commandeer the dining room table to clean and rebuild the pump.

Thanks given by:
Nice looking D Turbo Dude!
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,116 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Blue 306 dturbo s project Logue1996 13 4,404 14-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Logue1996
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,721 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle