Looking for cheap tuning box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for cheap tuning box
Anyone able to recommend a fairly cheap tuning box for the dw10hdi engine ?
Thanks given by:
Don't bother with tuning boxes. Get it done properly with a remap.
Thanks given by:
Cars not worth that much I don't want to spend much on it
Thanks given by:
Good remap for under £100 now days mate.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2017, 02:45 PM)Chriz1 Wrote: Anyone able to recommend a fairly cheap tuning box for the dw10hdi engine ?

plenty of good mappers out there that will be on the lower end of pricing

can recommend hdi tuning for a stage 1 and beyond

http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/

tuning box will be a massive waste of time
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2017, 02:45 PM)Chriz1 Wrote: Anyone able to recommend a fairly cheap tuning box for the dw10hdi engine ?

Definitely get your self a proper remap. Prices aren't bad at all. A box that is actually capable of making power will cost ass much as a remap these days. The cheap ones just trick the car into dumping extra fuel in. Possibly damaging things and to be honest usually only gaining a small amount of power compared to a proper map.
Thanks given by:

Remap £100 the best option worth it all day long I gained 30bhp from standard to a stage 1 remap.
Thanks given by:
I dont know of any box that actually does anything for a HDi and costs less than a proper well tested map.
Thanks given by:
Tbf i have seen a few produce some power, but then they've all binned the fuel systems within a few months of being installed. Medium to long term cost is far higher than a decent map.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If you understand why/how the tuning boxes increase the power you would cry.

Ruan once explained this to me, I cant remember exactly how but you gain so much more getting a proper remap for the car. Bang for buck its better to get someone to just do it properly there are many people about now who can do it for 100 quid, a tuning box will cost you something similar but no where near as much power.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by: