Windows 7 ultimate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 ultimate
I've been using Linux on my laptop for a few years but now I'm back in a HDI I need to re install windows for stuff like PP2000 and WinOls etc....

So my problem is the key on the sticker has rubbed off as some genius decided to stick it to the bottom of the laptop. Anyway im trying to make a bootable usb with windows 7 ultimate but can't download it from Microsoft because they want the key. Has anyone ever bought a key off ebay? If so was it ok?
Thanks given by:
if it's not, then just apply for e refund from ebay sellers guarantee if its covered, if not paypal will likely sort it
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
An alternative would be to use a virtual box and run xp that way. I've just done the same to get INPA working on XP using Windows 8
Thanks given by:
Without the original product key you might struggle.  There probably are hacks available but I believe the keys on Windows 7 and later are tied to the MAC codes of individual devices.  If someone gives you a key already registered to another computer Microsoft is likely to recognise it isn't valid and not accept it.  (For example, people who change the motherboard in their computer find W7 doesn't work after because it thinks you're trying to install it on a different computer).  It'll only work if you're given a key that has never been registered to another device.  Some online retailers claim to supply spare installation discs & keys that were never bundled up with computers.

You may be able to get the original key from the manufacturer of your laptop.  Also, if you phone MS support & explain you needed to re-install W7 but the key has rubbed off the sticker they are apparently quite good at giving you a new key (possibly after a bit of a grilling) if they conclude you're plight is genuine.
Thanks given by:
You have a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
There is a thing online that will generate a random product key.
Thanks given by:
Look for a program called KMS, just be very careful where you get it from as there are a lot of fakes.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What does exactly that program doing?

Got it sorted now, thanks everyone Smile
Thanks given by: