Manual aux tensioner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual aux tensioner
Looking for a manual aux tensioner setup as im fed up of the squeal. All i have in the system is crank pulley and alternator.

Seen a manual system before on a friends xud and cant remember for the love of god what it was off.

If anyone knows of a system that will fit the block i will be gratefull before i end up going full retard and fabricating a system on rose joints with a turn buckle

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
The manual one off am xud wont fit as it uses the braket that holds everything such as the alternator to bolt up. Itll either be use the hdi stuff or farbricobble something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2017, 05:04 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: The manual one off am xud wont fit as it uses the braket that holds everything such as the alternator to bolt up. Itll either be use the hdi stuff or farbricobble something

Will an entire xud setup fit? Ive only got the alternator left on that bracket. No pas pump

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
No way you could use the standard manual tensioner off a hdi set up?
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2017, 06:38 AM)Frosty Wrote: No way you could use the standard manual tensioner off a hdi set up?
Naaa just dosnt reach. Its still on there but only just rests on the belt so is no use at all tbh. Only way could be to add another pulley to route it better.

Fed up of doing belts every 3/4 months because they stretch

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Either fit a bigger pully in the tensioner then or put on a known good setup. I ran just an alternator on my mtdi it was fine

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2017, 09:09 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Either fit a bigger pully in the tensioner then or put on a known good setup. I ran just an alternator on my mtdi it was fine

Bigger tensioner pulley could be a good shout. I dont know why it keeps shagging belts out. Tried a stretch fit and normal and were the same.

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
You have a solid bottom pully dont you. Thats why. Try running with a 307 alternator

Thanks given by:
When i got my estate jonny had it just running the alternator. From memory i think he had grinded the lung off the back of the auto tensioner and turned that to then be able to take the tension up with that. That could be worth a try. i may have the tensioner somewhere still if you wanted it to try?
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2017, 12:04 PM)Frosty Wrote: When i got my estate jonny had it just running the alternator. From memory i think he had grinded the lung off the back of the auto tensioner and turned that to then be able to take the tension up with that. That could be worth a try. i may have the tensioner somewhere still if you wanted it to try?

This is what I did on mine. In situ as well  Dodgy 
Massive pike move. Worked a treat
Thanks given by:
Sorry fell asleep. Yeah ive got the lynx bottom pulley. Whats the difference with the 307 alternator?
Could try that pikey move tbf. Might help but need another tensioner as you can hear the bearing in the pulley breaking up now. Part of the daily sounds of this car that are driving me wild.

Other noise is that bloody clutch chatter on the splines to address

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Those lynx pulleys eat belts for breakfast, assume it's because there's too much vibration coming off the crank.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-07-2017, 04:09 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Sorry fell asleep. Yeah ive got the lynx bottom pulley. Whats the difference with the 307 alternator?
Could try that pikey move tbf. Might help but need another tensioner as you can hear the bearing in the pulley breaking up now. Part of the daily sounds of this car that are driving me wild.

Other noise is that bloody clutch chatter on the splines to address

The 307 alternators have a clutch pulley on so hopefully a bit less stain the on the belt. I fitted one on mine last year.
Thanks given by:
PSA didn't just fit either clutched alternator pulleys or rubber damped bottom pulleys for teh lulz. They did know what they were doing and they were needed.

Either fit a 307 clutched alternator or a damped pulley - grab the alternator and spin it back and forth... That's what it's doing when the engine is running as the speed isn't constant, it's accelerating and decelerating all the time.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ok lads. I'll give that a crack and see how i get on. Cheers

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2017, 10:52 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Ok lads. I'll give that a crack and see how i get on. Cheers

There cheap enough to buy, think i paid about £30 for mine off ebay. Just needed to swap some of the bits on the back of it over. I think i put a bit about it on my project thread.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2017, 12:37 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 10:52 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Ok lads. I'll give that a crack and see how i get on. Cheers

There cheap enough to buy, think i paid about £30 for mine off ebay. Just needed to swap some of the bits on the back of it over. I think i put a bit about it on my project thread.
Thanks i'll have a hunt for the thread

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by: