The car raffle trend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The car raffle trend
So whats with this? Raffle a car off? £20 a ticket bonus ball will confirm winner crap. Are people into that? I saw a car with no mot today being done on the faceballs with 59 tickets at £20 meaning £1,180 for essentially a £150 car.

Thoughts??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've seen it done but only on low value stuff.
Not strictly legit but I doubt the gambling commission will kick your front door in for doing one.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
It's a way to get more than the car is worth with everyone thinking it'll be a bargain. We shouldn't allow this on 306oc so if anyone sees it happening please remove.
Thanks given by:
never heard of any actually working.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
These things have been going on for donkeys years, used to see em all the time in car magazines.

Heard many stories of them falling through and the person just running off with the car and money, or them being totally rigged so the car go's to someones mate.
Thanks given by:
Yeah i think they shouldnt be on the forum to many risks. But ive bever heard of a sucsess. I suppose insee why the seller would do it. But so many things can be rigged. I didnt realise that these things have been going on for years. Seems to have been the last few months there have been an influx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
can it be rigged? Its done off a lottery number. As long as the lottery numbers are allocated before the lottery then its impossible? I can totally see someone running off with the money though.
Thanks given by:
Father Ted's car raffle springs to mind.
Thanks given by:
Nationla bike Museum hold regular raffles. tickets £2-oo
top prize a 1960 BSA Gold Star this time
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I've seen loads that have worked out fine. I don't use Facebook though so it's all on one forum and there's a fair amount of trust involved between the members.
As I say mostly low value stuff.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
These car lotterys are a well known scam, pretty much all the ones you see on facebook and alike are not legitimate 

There are quite a few laws on how you can advertise gambling... which is what a car raffle/lottery is basically 

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for...oting.aspx
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2017, 12:14 PM)Eeyore Wrote: can it be rigged? Its done off a lottery number. As long as the lottery numbers are allocated before the lottery then its impossible? I can totally see someone running off with the money though.

Who's picking the numbers though??

This ain't Camelot, they're not using some magic machine to make sure it's done fairly.
Thanks given by:
Bonus ball is used as winning number.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeh the national lottery bonus ball is used.
Thanks given by:
I've managed to win on one! Even better I got the ticket for Free!
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
What did you win?
Thanks given by:
Ive seen it done.a skateboard group on facebook im in do it alot if won a few times.

But yeah it can easily be rigged and know a few people that have,so it kinda put me off after that.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I can't see how it can be rigged if everyone chooses a number between 1-59, pays their money and the winner is chosen from the bonus ball on the next lottery draw.
I see it done week in week out on another forum and I've not seen anybody grumble once.
I've entered a few myself but not won yet.
One was a bright yellow PH1 cabby. £7 a ticket.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some may be Noticing a Trend... *Vtec Content* Ed Doe 14 2,203 26-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Poodle