Centre Console Clock Heaters And Fans And Speedo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centre Console Clock Heaters And Fans And Speedo.
Abit Of A Long One For You,

Im Having An Issue With The Centre Console Clock Not Lighting Up It Works But Not Bright I Have Changed The Bulbs Behind It Any Clue On Another Fix?

My Heating And Fans Work Intermittently Often When The Door Is Slammed Or I Hit A Bump Anything Best To Check Thought Id Ask First Before I Rip The Centre Console Out.

The Next Is I Want Either White Lights On The Speedo How Would I Go About This, Is It Hard To Scrape The Dye Of And Does It Look Bad Without Lights Behind It Anyone With Pictures Would Be Brilliant.

Thanks In Advance 

Tommie
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
Possibly a loose earth? There is one either on the left or right under the dash in the footwell area.

There are some speedo sheets that light up white instead of just removing the dye which i think is a pretty involved process.
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2017, 11:51 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Possibly a loose earth? There is one either on the left or right under the dash in the footwell area.

There are some speedo sheets that light up white instead of just removing the dye which i think is a pretty involved process.

Ill Check The Earth My Misses Slammed The Passenger Side Door When Getting In The Car Quick And It Randomly Started Working But Once We Kill Electrics To It, It Wont Come Back On. Huh Huh Huh
Thanks given by:
I'm having the same issue with the heater controls, let me know if you find the fault, spent this morning trying to fix it but no luck yet
Thanks given by:
Get your head in passenger footwell and push wires back on motor, could take them off and clean contacts too.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Sorry for so long with an update but as it turns out after ripping everything out to find a visual inspection of the Relays was not enough as one of them had melted causing the issue. Only found out this after stripping everything out and putting it all back in on the plus side while everything was out i got the Passenger side top glove box fitted which is a nice little extra.

(13-05-2017, 11:39 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: I'm having the same issue with the heater controls, let me know if you find the fault, spent this morning trying to fix it but no luck yet

Sorry for the 4 month late Reply Check the top set of relays should be green 25a one 2second on in from the left mine turned out to be melted in the centre causing me to loose all poswer to the controls replaced it with one from peugeot and i now have heat.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2017, 10:25 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Sorry for so long with an update but as it turns out after ripping everything out to find a visual inspection of the Relays was not enough as one of them had melted causing the issue. Only found out this after stripping everything out and putting it all back in on the plus side while everything was out i got the Passenger side top glove box fitted which is a nice little extra.

(13-05-2017, 11:39 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: I'm having the same issue with the heater controls, let me know if you find the fault, spent this morning trying to fix it but no luck yet

Sorry for the 4 month late Reply Check the top set of relays should be green 25a one 2second on in from the left mine turned out to be melted in the centre causing me to loose all poswer to the controls replaced it with one from peugeot and i now have heat.

thanks for the update, will help someone out for sure Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2017, 11:02 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(19-09-2017, 10:25 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Sorry for so long with an update but as it turns out after ripping everything out to find a visual inspection of the Relays was not enough as one of them had melted causing the issue. Only found out this after stripping everything out and putting it all back in on the plus side while everything was out i got the Passenger side top glove box fitted which is a nice little extra.

Although i was really dumb and should have removed the relay before removing every thing else It is one of those things that can be glanced over.
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2017, 10:55 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote:

Although i was really dumb and should have removed the relay before removing every thing else It is one of those things that can be glanced over.

Thanks! Mine wasn’t burnt out which is why I didn’t think about it, replaced it with a spare I had lying around after reading your post and it’s worked. Probably should’ve tested it rather than just visually inspecting
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2017, 11:29 AM)Chris HDI Wrote:
(20-09-2017, 10:55 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote:

Thanks! Mine wasn’t burnt out which is why I didn’t think about it, replaced it with a spare I had lying around after reading your post and it’s worked. Probably should’ve tested it rather than just visually inspecting

I made the mistake of doing a visual inspection be alright ahaha least it’s all working now.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fans...HDi fans... HDi slimline fans... wiring.. toseland 3 1,783 07-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Last Post: cully
  Faulty heaters Chris HDI 3 1,748 26-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Last Post: gazthegnome
  Heaters/blowers MartinL 0 878 23-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Last Post: MartinL