306 HDI "PugLet" Build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI "PugLet" Build
Insurance was due tomorrow opppsss glad i checked the emails to find out, 453 Pounds later and shes insured for another year, and the BMW is also on the road for a undisclosed amount cause yes i cried when they told me.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
That engine should be fine with those miles, provided the oil changes have been kept up. I took mine apart at 130k odd and 40k of blatant abuse at my hands - you could still see the hone marks on the bores and there were no significant signs of wear.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-10-2017, 02:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: That engine should be fine with those miles, provided the oil changes have been kept up. I took mine apart at 130k odd and 40k of blatant abuse at my hands - you could still see the hone marks on the bores and there were no significant signs of wear.

I bought the car on high miles so cant vouch for how well its been maintained but shes being taken of the road hopefully in the next few weeks and work will begin properly just need to clear some space in the unit so i can fit the car in opps xD
Thanks given by:
UMinner Blip In the road the otherday the car hit 220k on sunday and was pulling strong until last night where giving it abit of death down a B road the K light came on engine still ran and engine would rev but had no power to put down, pulled over and as i stopped engine stop light came on and it died lost all power steering and lost breaks. Primed the pump a few times and she turned over drove her gently and then parked it up at the farm while i did some odds and sods and come back out turned her over no k light and car drove like normal.

Thanks given by:
Sounds like classic fuel pressure issues, scan it and I bet you'll get p0230 come up.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It’s happened before but cures itself hopefully will find a r70 Pump and that should cure the issue
Thanks given by:
Cleaning the fpr usually does the trick. Mine needed new injectors to fix it.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2017, 05:41 PM)Poodle Wrote: Cleaning the fpr usually does the trick. Mine needed new injectors to fix it.

Any guides on how to remove and clean the FPR.
Thanks given by:
Very easy job to do mate. It's on the side of the fuel pump with a couple of torx head bolts. Pop them both out. Make sure you don't strip them! Get the tool as perfectly straight as possible and push it hard into the head of the bolt!

Once they are out it slides out of the fuel pump. Give it a blast with WD40 through the little holes and if you have access to an air line give it a blast out with that as well. Then re-fit Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2017, 01:41 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Very easy job to do mate. It's on the side of the fuel pump with a couple of torx head bolts. Pop them both out. Make sure you don't strip them! Get the tool as perfectly straight as possible and push it hard into the head of the bolt!

Once they are out it slides out of the fuel pump. Give it a blast with WD40 through the little holes and if you have access to an air line give it a blast out with that as well. Then re-fit Smile

Cause it’s that simple does it mean I can bring it down your and you’ll do it  Itwasntme

Sooooooo.......

For the first time in a very long time the car has been washed properly I gave up many moons ago trying to keep the back clean due to black smoke but here’s a few shots.

Thanks given by:
Lovely car youve got yoursef there sir, hard to belive she's done 220k
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2017, 04:18 PM)306Dan Wrote: Lovely car youve got yoursef there sir, hard to belive she's done 220k

She’s nearing 23k now haha the thing will die one day but I’ve fallen in love so I’ll fix it when it breaks, looking at tracking her in 2018 so fully stripped out bucket seat fitted, door card set removed and replaced with Perspex.
Thanks given by:
Minor Progress report, the car is getting some loving shortly more for my safety than for the car thanks to the wonderful people at GSM Motorsport who have found me a cheap OMP seat sub-frame so the auto style seat and harness will be in the car shortly.

I have also had an idea at relocating the fag lighter to somewhere new and running a Oil Temp Gauge there will put this in the electrics page but any advice would be grand.
Thanks given by:
Sooo small update, I’ve ordered and received my 306 front seat subframe so the bucket seat and harness will be fitted tomorrow. I’ve also done a subtle visual mod such as some eBay special M3 wing mirrors. 

Thanks given by:
Here we go, hope you're thick skinned. Wink

Looks super smart after a clean, bucket seat should be awesome.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-11-2017, 09:52 PM)Poodle Wrote: Here we go, hope you're thick skinned. Wink

Looks super smart after a clean, bucket seat should be awesome.

What’s with the thick skinWink or are we talking about the eBay specials.

Cheers dude I wish it wasn’t dented but the auto style seat replacing both fronts and the harnesses should be a good example.
Thanks given by:
Bucket seat is officially in, to those who are against dropped harnesses they are placed in not in use currently. 

On some down news drove the car today quick stop to the chippy for food and well I think I need new pads and disks ?

Thanks given by:
Bodykits and the like don't tend to be very popular on here, bu then the banter has calmed a little in the last couple of years.

Nice. Shame about the brakes, those discs don't look very old.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-11-2017, 07:03 AM)Poodle Wrote: Bodykits and the like don't tend to be very popular on here, bu then the banter has calmed a little in the last couple of years.

Nice. Shame about the brakes, those discs don't look very old.

I grew up in the max power era and still would love to go back to those days, if people want to hate on my car they can feel free, at the end of the day they don’t have to drive it I do so it’s made so I like it ?, my local car scene has a Motto your car your scene which I agree with it.

Disks and pads have been on the car since I bought it but I’ve give it death and knowing my look it’s probably the cheap pads used by last owner that I’ve killed. Waiting on the brake servo to get fixed before I throw on my GTI 6 brake setup.
Thanks given by:
Soo the car has been dropping off recently suspected an injector or fuel pump issue gonna run someadditives in the fuel and such in the next month also replace the fuel filter and such.... Also new tyres today only the fronts as the wheels will get refurbed in a random colour not yet chosen in the coming months and wrapped in 4 brand new Uniroyal Rain sport 3s. 2 Proxie TR-1s fitted (195/45/16) for 102 quid.
Thanks given by:
DId another one of those subtle little mods today that I really like in the car... not to everyone’s taste.

Thanks given by:
Fuel additives aren't necessarily a good idea in these, a lot of them don't do the seals in the hp pump any good.

Fuel filter is hopefully the culprit.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Changed the fuel filter as dumb as it seems gonna twiddle wires while it’s running to see if anything cuts it out only cuts out while driving over bumps
Thanks given by:
How fast are you driving over the bumps lol. Have a good look at the impact switch, the plug might have a poor connection. When you said the car was dropping off I thought you meant less power rather than cutting out.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2017, 07:00 AM)Poodle Wrote: How fast are you driving over the bumps lol. Have a good look at the impact switch, the plug might have a poor connection. When you said the car was dropping off I thought you meant less power rather than cutting out.

No cutting out hitting mild humps at 40/50mph god damn country roads. I have a feeling that the low preasure pump has a dodgy wire.

On the bright side brake servo was done yesterday for 50 pounds but the brake light switch is now buggered and the brakes lights are always on which is my job for this eve.
Thanks given by:
What was the outcome with the fuel reg and filter?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2017, 02:25 PM)Poodle Wrote: What was the outcome with the fuel reg and filter?

Didn’t touch the reg but changed the filter and had nothing since.

Soooo I had the servo done for a whopping 50 pounds but it did come back witha broken brake light switch which he said he would fix but would be next week sooo I’ve been done much Fiesta brake light switch and my id whenever what stupid place to put it...

All fixed onto the next thing...

*cough cough*

BOOST LEAK  Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Great result there on the fuel problems, got to love a cheap fix. Bit shit him breaking the brake light switch, fair play for doing it as it's a pig of a job.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-12-2017, 04:17 PM)Poodle Wrote: Great result there on the fuel problems, got to love a cheap fix. Bit shit him breaking the brake light switch, fair play for doing it as it's a pig of a job.

Followed a simple guide drivers side vent out and it was an easy job to be honest push it out from under the dash vent out all tubing out can be a prat fin still rivited in hand in grab cable change switch reverse and push till touching pedal plate

Took a trip to the horseshoe pass and the beaut didn’t skip a beat.
Thanks given by:
Sooooooo The Pug Never Got Stuck Once Until Me And A Few Mates Got Very Bored Found A Car Park That Was Untouched And I Drove Into It Trying To Get Stuck.... But I Have Had One Casualty But One Not Caused By The Weather I Snapped My Bloody Door Handle Off So That Has To Be Changed

Have a few snow pictures for good measure
Thanks given by: