Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need the help of you Internet Diagnostic gurus
Lets get the Specs out of the way first:

Xud9Te freshly rebuilt
Forged Conrods
ARP´s
FMIC
Stage 1 head, with Vitara Exhaust manifold with minor polish job.
Small KKK04 Hybrid turbo, with ported inlet & downpipe.
Boost set at 0.9Bar for break-in, but comes on real slow.
2.25inch Exhaust with 100Cel Cat and straight through backbox.
No EMP gauge Sad

Rebuilt Bosch with 12mm head, 175bar injectors, LDA mod.
Setup on the pump is light, to break in the engine.

Smoke levels are zero to slight when boost/LDA is on.

The problem:
EGT goes up FAST, even at 1/2 throttle on a slight hill.  
Cruise EGT is 400-500C, with 1/2-1/4 throttle, and 70-100km/h with Zero Smoke.
EGT 600-800 any push to Full throttle, almost instantly, with slight smoke.
NO POWER! the motor has no Grunt!
Turbo only spools up after 2500 RPM
Nice Idle, and quick throttle response parked.
Idle EGT is 100C, Engine Rev´s to 2500Rpm with a blip of the throttle, and sounds great.

Questions:
12mm head to Big?
What else?
Suzuki Santana Vitara 1.9 Td (Xud9) 3Dr
Thanks given by:
Ko4 is probably too big, as is a 12mm pump. head. Causing a build up of exhaust gasses it can't get rid of with the large turbine wheel spinning too slowly causing a restriction in the exhaust manifold with no real benefits to boost.

Maybe.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Your EGT's at 900 is an OK temperature. Any slight smoke on boost will immediately add alot of temps to your EGT's.

Suggest first upping your boost so there is no haze. You will find that half boost with smoke will give higher EGT's than with higher boost and no smoke, so up boost first.

Not sure how restrictive the CAT is could maybe install an EMP gauge to monitor. Also as mentioned above 12mm head is massively oversized for that setup, with 12mm head this really fucks with the pump dynamics and can leave your advance shot to hell.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I echo Dave, if the egts are holding at 900c or below with sustained right foot action you're prob gonna be ok.

2.25 exhaust is not big enough imo and will be causing back pressure / restriction

12mm setup correctly should be ok?

Check for exhaust manifold leak or wastegate. Could be pissing away power trying to achieve boost. Same for inlet / fmic piping - check you don't have any leaks.

Small poss you have too much timing of you can't clear haze on boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
Just some Photos of the build, didn't do it myself, so only a few images to see

[Image: Vitara%2070.jpg?dl=1]
[Image: Vitara%2071.jpg?dl=1][Image: Vitara%2072.jpg?dl=1][Image: Vitara%2073.jpg?dl=1]
Thanks given by:
You have electronics, i'm out.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2017, 05:34 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: You have electronics,  i'm out.

haha, That TPS is not connected to anything!, I had it added for a Future Upgrade... Progressive Water/Meth.
I also have the Switch type of activation assembly spare, wasn't sure which one I'll use, but It's with TPS for now, until I get these EGT gremlins worked out.
Thanks given by:
Unless you _need_ a 12mm pump head, I'd strongly advise switching back to a 10/11mm - there are no gains to be seen using a 12mm and there's a lot of differences to the plunger that people don't understand, you need to do a lot more work to get it to work properly and will usually end with the engine running poorly until you do.

Also - have you experienced that K04 before on another pump/engine? From memory of other people playing with those K04s in the past - I've heard reports they're purposefully crap to prevent drivetrain damage on the Vitaras. They have large A/R turbine housings to prevent boost coming on at low RPMs so they won't produce any torque whatsoever.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
If you are using the stock vitara turbo, this will be your problem.

They are utterly hopeless. I have always assumed this was on purpose to protect the cheesy suzuki driveline in the vitaras, but that may be wrong, just the assumption I have always made...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
TLBig GrinR.
Your turbo is too big and your pump head is too big.
I have a 10mm fuel head I could part with if persuaded, and a GT2052V.................

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
exhaust is way too small.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD/Bosch gurus.... Piggy 6 2,822 21-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Dave
Lightbulb VNT Turbo gurus, help and ideas please. Dum-Dum 6 4,232 17-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Turbo Gurus Can You Help Jimbo 4 1,658 22-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum