T3-t4 turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3-t4 turbo
So I've been driving my car around for a while now with a td04 on and it's not a good turbo for the engine bearing in mind it's a 2.1 xud11 just wondering if anyone can tell me if a t3-t4 would be a good turbo or not as I have a almost new one in my workshop that was brought for a different project that never happened or would u need a charger or something to spool her up thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Probably not great, believe there was a guy on here who ran one on his 2.1, got a feeling he used nos with it.. think it was a dude from Portugal or something, should be in the XUD dyno thread IIRC
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
depends which td04 you have, theres a fair variance in wheel sizes depending which engine you got it from.

T3 is quite old.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I'm not shore what the turbo came off as it was brought off a friend I'm just looking for something abit bigger and better suited to the 2.1 but electricals ain't my strong point so want to stay away from vnt although it would be the better way to go. So what sort of turbo do you guys think would Be best for it I have been looking threw posts and various other pages but there as so many with so many different results just want a gd turbid to up My power
Thanks given by:
You don't have to go electronic control if you go VNT, my understanding is you can run VNT boost control mechanically through an actuator that's had the diaphragm flipped so that it starts to open the vanes when it comes on boost instead of closing them. That's just from browsing on here though, I'd wait for an expert to comment
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I ran a gt2052s off a merc on my 2.1, Was absolutely epic and to this day still one of my favorite things ive driven. Spooled super low and pulled through the rev range no issues. Piggy ran the gt2056s as well before he went vnt again another good turbo.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ok great that's what I'm looking for something to spool well and pull threw the gears so I might do a little bit of shopping thank you
Thanks given by: