Stef's new car Turbo content.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stef's new car Turbo content.
As some of you may know i bought a new car. Its a car ive been wanting from a early age thanks to games like need for speed. While most was celebrating the Christmas holiday i had just finalized a deal on the car. It has been the biggest secret ive kept from friends and some family. So 4 months later this arrived at the docks.

[Image: 56496A3F-419D-4AB2-BE64-B0C27043D794_zpsyezzkpt7.jpg]

Yes thats me, Yes that is a smug look lol

So the car, What is it. Well its a Evo. Evo IX GT 05

Right up there with the rarity along side the RS model.

I won this in a japanese auction for a good price, Marked as a grade R due to the HKS cannon apart from that original as can be. 59k miles with full service history.

Plans are unclear yet but for now it will be maintenance like both timing belts, service, brakes, Tyres and underseal. Luckily it had been treated in japan. I have a full wax kit to use which will also get in the rails. Then to get it mot'ed.

The 205 will still be used and not sold Smile

[Image: P1050222_zpskl6ixdcm.jpg]

[Image: P1050205_zpsf12syumt.jpg]

Stef Smile
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Seen this on facebook and I am extremely jealous. Tell us how much it was then. Did you go through an importer? What is the process for bidding in Japan?
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2017, 10:25 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Seen this on facebook and I am extremely jealous. Tell us how much it was then. Did you go through an importer? What is the process for bidding in Japan?

Ah i cant say how much but it was enough. I was through a importer but they just get it to the docks. They sorted my import and duty fees included in my total price which was nice. The importer has a site that is connected to the auction houses. You must pay a deposit to access the site and thus able to bid.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
is that a deposit on the car or just a general fee to get access?
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2017, 10:36 PM)Eeyore Wrote: is that a deposit on the car or just a general fee to get access?

it can be used on the car
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
very nice stef
Thanks given by:
Oof. That's nice mate.
Much jealous.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
boring mot changes

Changed the side lights from orange to clear which i wasnt happy about as i quite liked it. While i had the bumper off i replaced the split ic spray pipe and coated the front frame and chassis with dynax.

[Image: IMG_4473_zpstg8l7ics.jpg]

I refused to start hacking up the rear bumper to fit a uk fog light so i converted the o/s reversing light to a fog with a red led lamp. Added a little switch to the lower dash.

[Image: IMG_4481_zpsxq0rfulh.jpg]

Next was the timing belts! im very anal when i comes to timing belts my rule is dont trust anyone or history lol Timed all up and removed both belts and 3 lots of tensioners and a idler.

[Image: IMG_4491_zpsy8k1darz.jpg]

According to the milage it wasnt due for another 8k but once again my rule proves good. On inspection of the balance belt i found various cracks and frays. Replaced with hks kevlar belts which is recommended by many evo owners.

[Image: IMG_4495_zpsuoebdrms.jpg]

The cam pulleys werent happy about saying on their marks so a tool was needed. Thus a tool was made!

[Image: IMG_4493_zpsepqdlmhq.jpg]

lol

Next job is mot, then ask dvla nicely for some plates! Big Grin

Stef Smile
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
good work stef. Smile its in good hands!
Thanks given by:
Very nice Stef Smile
Thanks given by:
Turbocharged, 4x4, Mitsubishi brethren.

Yours may be slightly faster.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
New shoes bought.

[Image: DF83C52B-E6A3-460B-A804-19B7C91FF4B6_zpsyae3ykzq.jpg]

Never used these before fitted many but never used my self i usually jump straight on the yokie train but these were to cheap to pass up.

Both washed due a seagull attack on them joys of living near the sea!

[Image: D5C3432E-575E-41FA-95AB-B4C7BD0DA122_zpsyqiiucxa.jpg]

Still trying to find time to get it in for mot but doing over time at work and masses of beam work has held me up. 

Stef Smile
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
One of the flaws with the car was a peeling carbon rear spoiler. I knew this before buying the car but i was sure i could do something with it. After speaking to my friend at mclaren he pointed me in the right direction. After abit of very careful sanding i managed to the old lacquer off and sprayed some new lacquer on.

[Image: 531225D7-F9DB-4AD4-B08E-7259B77DCF14_zps1hxyfjfj.jpg]

Its not perfect but is alot better than what it was.

Mot time!

Because it still has no number plate i had to trailer it to the mot station i could insure it on the vin but i refused to pay the £3k bill!

Passed mot with no advisories.

[Image: 9401ACC6-FC4C-4E5D-B266-A9608E7B1A39_zpsbsdwqwjj.jpg]

I now await papers from DVLA.

Stef Smile
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Nice. I've fancied an evo 9 for a while, almost went for a ruri blue one off mlr a while back. Tidy motor and practical too.

Getting more unsure these days when you can lease a golf r for peanuts but I do love to tinker.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Why would you rent a golf when you could own an evo?
Serious question.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Did you use a special lacquer for the carbon spoiler? I've managed to scratch a couple of carbon parts I bought for my mini and I've sanded down the scratches as best I can, now I need to re lacquer it. Bought clear acrylic for UV protection but not sure if that's the best idea.
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2017, 10:24 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Why would you rent a golf when you could own an evo?
Serious question.

That's really a separate thread to be fair but why does anyone lease anything? Cause you can have 35k of car for 240 sheets a month. 300 bhp, 360ish mapped with dsg and inbuilt launch control. There's the reasons they're getting pinched along with its twin sister, the s3...

Not to mention safe as can be for the impending wee one! 

I have a real soft spot for the 9 (didn't like the 10) and love the blues they're available in. It's a special car for sure, and must be quite a feeling to have imported it yourself. I also hate when people bodge the fog light into the bumper as there's no need. Nice to see one on the road whenever you do.
Thanks given by:
nice looking car
Thanks given by:
1,000 miles on still cool. :lol

Getting real at home with it atm driving it daily roughly 100miles at week starting to think i couldnt be without it now. Enjoying all the luxurys like central locking and ac!

[Image: 0B30BBE2-EAE1-4CCE-A351-6EA07335BF41_zps7exac1ln.jpg]

I took about 2 weeks of driving and listerning to the same cd over and over again to ditch that pile of anient crap of a cd player. Abit of looking around and refusing to pay £500 for a nice double din unit from halfords which had the display quality of a playstation 1 i decided on this.

[Image: A3955FA6-EFF1-48E5-8F0F-795A6386C8D3_zpsggicz5qu.jpg]

Basicly it does it all, wifi, bluetooth, sat nav, dvd blah blah. Bit to good for me really but i like it. Ill sort a proper surround for it at some point.

Stef Smile
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Over a year of ownership seems to have flown by. 

Update on car,

Havent had to put a spanner to it other than wear and tear items. 

Replaced the rear pads for some genuine items
Front tyres replaced roughly 8k out of the federals
Rear spoiler has faded again so will have to sort that again
3" downpipe fitted to replace the restrictive 2" oem item
Decat standard requirement
4 oil changes normally with hks or genuine filters 
Air filter replaced for a hks high flow panel filter
fuel pump changed for a aps 360 pump 

Ive been working on a rom mod for the ecu which will open more tuning doors such as switchable maps, antilag etc etc and will also simple-fly everything. 

I took it to a friend to map it in his nice shiney dyno cell but ran into a few unknown issues. 
Firstly after the first base run we discovered the car was massivly over fueling on boost due to a boost leak making 255hp
Discovered at somepoint there had been a boost gauge on the car with a t piece down the back of the inlet that hadnt been removed causing the car to boost to atmosphere lol
Then we found a cracked egr valve! that was removed, blanked then binned! 
Then to top it off a intercooler hose was leaking  Itwasntme Baring in mind ive been driving this for over a year haha. 
Fixed the issues and there was only enough time to do one base run, car made 326hp with no map alterations just boost leak fixes! 

I plan to return in the new year with better luck. 

I still stand by as say its the perfect daily ( bar the fuel useage Rofl  )  

[Image: 31140998957_60d29d32dc_b.jpg]Untitled by stefan golesworthy, on Flickr

Stef
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Is that 4 oil changes in 8k..? And 75hp with just fixes is pretty damn impressive haha! What do these map to - 380ish? Love this shape Evo
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good to hear you've been enjoying driving this.  It must be off the scale now you've had the boost leak is sorted!  Surprised faults didn't give you an engine check light.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2018, 09:43 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Is that 4 oil changes in 8k..? And 75hp with just fixes is pretty damn impressive haha! What do these map to - 380ish? Love this shape Evo

ive done a shocking 31k kms / 19k miles in it since owning it. 

Yeah 75hp from fixing boost leaks isnt too bad haha. Ive no idea what it will make although mine does have a 80 series turbo from a rs with the smaller 8.8t hot side giving a quicker spool from what im told. Ive got the turbo elbow to change yet as like the downpipe they are very restrictive.

(28-11-2018, 10:44 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Good to hear you've been enjoying driving this.  It must be off the scale now you've had the boost leak is sorted!  Surprised faults didn't give you an engine check light.

From how it drove you would have been non the wiser, i did 12k with it like it haha. The vacuum pipe was well hidden so if it wasnt for the hissing from the boost tester it wouldnt have been found. 

[Image: 45367830164_99ec0c73fb_k.jpg]Untitled by stefan golesworthy, on Flickr

The green afr line really highlights were the boost leak happens and the effects it had.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Lovely car, must drive a lot nicer with all the boost leaks plugged...
Thanks given by:
Nice ride!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stef's axle page Stef205 0 1,109 10-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  Stef's side project Stef205 32 8,906 13-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: toseland