Snapped koni rear shock absorber, junk or fixable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snapped koni rear shock absorber, junk or fixable?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but they do say there are no stupid questions, just stupid people and I feel like one right now. My rear shock has snapped and I need to know if it's possible to take the shock absorber apart and replace the broken part or if it's time for the bin.

[Image: eZtHrSm.jpg]
[Image: 6rkVMvo.jpg]
[Image: 2aMiCrT.jpg]

Can't find any info on the koni website if they do repairs or where to ask to buy just a replacement shock absorber. I didn't buy them new so I've no warranty but they broke because from the bolt working itself loose so my fault. If they're scrap I'll probably need to buy a new set of rear shocks so if anyone has any suggestions on decent shocks that would be good too.
Thanks given by:
Koni can fix that.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
They can...but whether it's worth it vs just buying a new shock...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
I've emailed koni to find out if they can fix or replace and how much it would be for both options so will see what they say. If it's gonna be lots of money I'll just replace them with standard.
Thanks given by:
Have a look around on performance parts websites eg. kamracing. I bought a pair of Koni Yellows which are more expensive than these for not too much money a couple of years ago.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I've ordered a pair of blisteins as they were cheap so to get something back onto the car. Will keep my peepers open for a replacement koni.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear shock bushes Tidoh2016 2 1,354 12-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Whats the difference with these shock kits? JTaylor2005 8 2,080 04-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Snapped subframe ADV_93 4 1,397 21-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard