Homemade Exhaust Gasket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homemade Exhaust Gasket
This is kinda universal to any engine so put it here instead of the XUD section.

My turbo leaks at the adaptor plates so I'm taking it off and re-doing the gaskets. When I did it I used something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Gasket...BY75YmSiOA

Along with some firegum to properly seal it. I made 2 I believe, one pre and one post turbo, they worked for about 2 years before the pre-turbo one started leaking. When I swapped the engine last year I put more firegum on hoping to fix it, but it hasn't. I did consider that the adaptor plates may have warped but after thought that may be unlikely.

Should I just get another sheet of that stuff and hope it works? Or is there a better alternative?
Thanks given by:
Thats the stuff i use DO NOT put it before the turbo though. Youre asking for trouble. Check theyre flat with an engineers straight or something similar and crack on Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Bash.

I really don't want to pull it off again so if I check they are flat/straight, think it'd be worth just putting some firegum in-between just to fill up anything I might not notice?
Thanks given by:
Nope, if that stuff goes through your turbine it's game over for the turbo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  homemade engine hoist tysonbully2k12 10 2,855 25-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Last Post: 306Dan
  Homemade Boost Pipe Beading Tool Daniel306 15 4,336 31-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sambarker