Driver Door wiring prob

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver Door wiring prob
Usual thing .  When got it lots of damage to wires so managed to join everything up.  Last few days it's developed a faul  I can't fix yet.  I find the locking/ dead lock firing at random in or out of car even when on road.  wriggling the wires makes in lock and unlock so thats the fault. I am terrified of  it locking me out when key is in  ignition lock so want to disable the central locking. How can I disble it until later?  Dive under rear seat and find control box and unplug it,Pull a fuze? As long as I can lock it manually I am happy with that for now
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure there is a box under where the rear seats bolt that you can unplug and that should stop the central locking.
Thanks given by: ROBCAT
Either pull the fuse out of the fuse box or unplug the central locking control box under the rear driver seat
(05-03-2017, 07:54 PM)Pug0BZ3011 Wrote: Either pull the fuse out of the fuse box or unplug the central locking control box under the rear driver seat

Thanks both. I will go that route and make sure I have an emergency key wired onto under the car so if the worst happens I will always get in and retrieve the keys .
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2017, 01:43 PM)ROBCAT Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 07:54 PM)Pug0BZ3011 Wrote: Either pull the fuse out of the fuse box or unplug the central locking control box under the rear driver seat

Thanks both. I will go that route and make sure I have an emergency key wired onto under the car so if the worst happens I will always get in and retrieve the keys .

There is no control box under the back seat so where is it?
Thanks given by:
try under the driver's seat
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  driver side door loom callumh121 2 1,549 20-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: callumh121
  Door wiring looms Dturbo lad 2 1,101 03-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Dturbo lad
Rainbow Driver side door loom Welshy_Pete 4 2,200 16-07-2013, 01:12 PM