Remapping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remapping
I have a few questions on remapping a HDI.

1. Does anyone have any experience with Mobile remappers?

2. Is there anyone active on the forums that I could get a remap via email?
Thanks given by:
Can answer both questions with a single link

here you go

www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2017, 10:58 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Can answer both questions with a single link

here you go

www.hdi-tuning.co.uk

I was asking more about mobile remapping as in man in a van comes to you ect ect. was looking good/bad experiences

I like the idea of HDI tuning but would be quite worried about wrecking the ecu if im let loose with a laptop on it lol.
Thanks given by:
Mobile mappers are only as good as the person/company they buy their files off. Very rare they'll actually write you a file themselves (even if they claim too). While there are some good supply companies out there there's plenty who seem to have a blanket understanding of tuning rather than being particularly good at a specific ECU/Engine. i.e jack off all trades, master of none.

This can result in tables being changed needlessly (turbo controls on a 8v HDi) or having the injector calibration tables bent harshly to compensate for not being able to find the fuel limiters (not good practise) . HDi tuning did a very good write up showing the short comings of a poor remap.

Advise would be go to someone who knows the HDi engine properly. There's a few located on this forum such as HDi tuning mentioned previously, DervDevelopments in the traders section provide a remapping service, Jammapic from Dervtech and I think Mr Whippy is still about. So plenty of choices Smile
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2017, 12:58 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Mobile mappers are only as good as the person/company they buy their files off. Very rare they'll actually write you a file themselves (even if they claim too). While there are some good supply companies out there there's plenty who seem to have a blanket understanding of tuning rather than being particularly good at a specific ECU/Engine. i.e jack off all trades, master of none.

This can result in tables being changed needlessly (turbo controls on a 8v HDi) or having the injector calibration tables bent harshly to compensate for not being able to find the fuel limiters (not good practise) . HDi tuning did a very good write up showing the short comings of a poor remap.

Advise would be go to someone who knows the HDi engine properly. There's a few located on this forum such as HDi tuning mentioned previously, DervDevelopments in the traders section provide a remapping service, Jammapic from Dervtech and I think Mr Whippy is still about. So plenty of choices Smile

This so much.

EDC15C2 is obscenely easy to remap, but that doesn't mean there aren't some shockingly bad files out there - infact it probably increases the amount of shite! Go to somewhere that has experience with the engine you've got.. They'll know the engine well and know it's peculiarities.

HDI-Tuning also offers unlocked, remapped ECUs so you can just plug and play - no need to get your laptop out.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just like the EDC15P , so easy that quality control goes out the window and you get "me mate Dave mapped it but for some reason I keep blowing turbos up, must be because it's so rapid blud"

There you go^ if you're handier with tools than laptop's sounds like a better option

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2017, 02:01 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Just like the EDC15P , so easy that quality control goes out the window and you get "me mate Dave mapped it but for some reason I keep blowing turbos up, must be because it's so rapid blud"

There you go^ if you're handier with tools than laptop's sounds like a better option

I am handier with a laptop, I just want to know if all you need is the galletto 1260 and a laptop and get the file sent over?
Thanks given by:
MPPS is the favored these days

I bought this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPS-V13-02-In...SwYGFUt145
Thanks given by:
1260s are very hit & miss so wouldnt advise anyone to use one really. Seen them just die halfway through a write

Thanks given by:
You can actually use another cable using the galletto software, just have to change the hardware ID with a hex editor. Not much use unless you have an existing cable though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So long as you take notice of the checksums on the map file and buy a decent tool there is very little to go wrong with applying a map, Steve at HDi-tuning will explain it all to you in detail if you contact him directly. He comes very highly recommended from me.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
- Just Buy an MPPS Clone V13 (silver metall box Version!!)
- Will Only Work up to Windows 7 32bit!
- If you handle with the MPPS Clone keep Your internetconnection OFF!!
- If you use windows 7, start MPPS as admin (Windows XP, 200 not nessesary)

Send file to hdituning.co.uk (reallly good stuff for this engine)

They will send you a direct flashable file (checksums already corrected!)
Thanks given by:
This forum desperately needs a tagging system...
As above email HDI Tuning and either take the car there or see if they would come to you, the latter seems unlikely due to how far away you are.
I travelled from Newcastle to Leeds to get mine done, and it was well worth it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remapping a hdi?? turkish 8 1,890 10-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Remapping fuel economy Donkeybubles 16 2,550 15-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Donkeybubles
  Remapping hdi help Donkeybubles 43 9,100 05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Lego Jon