Citroen zx volcane 3 door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen zx volcane 3 door
Dont assume its the head gasket could just be the oil cooler which is a five min fix. By pass it flush the system and see if it cleans up. Hour job tops man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
^what he said

good chance its just the oil cooler let oil into coolant.

by pass the two pipes on it - and flush coolant system and refil
Thanks given by:
Flushed and bypassed still same

https://youtu.be/9CrfUU9kHiU

Thanks given by:
hmm yeah tbh, looks like its pushing combustion gas with the bubbles

ffs
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2017, 03:20 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: hmm yeah tbh, looks like its pushing combustion gas with the bubbles

ffs

I don't know how tho, head was skimmed and pressure tested. Only thing I can think of is crap gasket. There was no extreme pressure in the system just the normal pressure I could still squeeze the radiator pipes...

Any how, I will see how I feel tomorrow might start stripping it down, be nice if I can get it stripped and rebuilt in a day it's a waste of the weeks temporary insurance if I can't enjoy it.

Thanks given by:
victor reinz gasket?
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2017, 08:19 AM)mr_fish Wrote: victor reinz gasket?

No was an unbranded one off eBay, buy cheap buy twice I should have known! But live and learn.

Any how.....

I decided to man up and stop moaning and crack on 4 hours later new gasket installed and it seems to have done the trick, only issue is now I don't seem to be getting any pressure in the system nnot sure if that's gonna cause me a problem or not? 

Spoke to garage and it's booked in for a check over tomorrow after noon and mot Thursday morning. So hopefully it all goes well.
Thanks given by:
got a new oem rad cap? they're only a tenner.

did you spot where it had been leaking? the blocks can crack on these as well as the heads and gaskets though not as common.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Good to see progress after the set back.
Pleased you are not giving up on it.

EBay gasket kits are all well and good, until you use the head gasket.
As has been the case many times I've seen. In one case, an l200 was scrapped after having an eBay gasket kit fitted, with a new head.
So much water was in the sump the big ends went, at 6 years old.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2017, 02:47 PM)welshpug Wrote: got a new oem rad cap? they're only a tenner.

did you spot where it had been leaking? the blocks can crack on these as well as the heads and gaskets though not as common.

It sealed before and still seals because before it used to throw the water out when it didn't seal. So I don't think it's the radiator cap that's the issue. It looked like it'd passed between the layers of the gasket from what I seen.

(11-07-2017, 03:15 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Good to see progress after the set back.
Pleased you are not giving up on it.

EBay gasket kits are all well and good, until you use the head gasket.
As has been the case many times I've seen. In one case, an l200 was scrapped after having an eBay gasket kit fitted, with a new head.
So much water was in the sump the big ends went, at 6 years old.

Blooming heck well I'm glad I caught this one before it got that bad! I could tell the quality difference once I had the new gasket. I certainly won't be buying another one off eBay.

Thanks given by:
pre FCS fixing!
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2017, 04:59 PM)Eeyore Wrote: pre FCS fixing!

There's still time for it to brake again..... I hope to god it doesn't tho!

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2017, 05:28 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Then fix. Sams 2 years ago was still being fixed when we rocked up at fcs. Right down to the last mins before track time
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:

About time it I had some luck nice clean mot sheet for the zx.

Thanks given by:
winning. Cant wait to see this at fcs
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2017, 06:09 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:

Then fix. Sams 2 years ago was still being fixed when we rocked up at fcs. Right down to the last mins before track time

Not sure I remember that! The red one? What were we fixing on the day? Days before it was exhaust and manifold!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 05:59 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: About time it I had some luck nice clean mot sheet for the zx.

Wahay, take it steady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 06:53 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 05:59 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: About time it I had some luck nice clean mot sheet for the zx.

Wahay, take it steady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With out sounding thick, should I bed in the head gasket? Like not go balls out max pump and see what it will do?

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 06:30 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 06:09 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:

Not sure I remember that! The red one? What were we fixing on the day? Days before it was exhaust and manifold!

The exhaust on the day before you drove down
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 07:04 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: With out sounding thick, should I bed in the head gasket? Like not go balls out max pump and see what it will do?

Personally, I would get it up to temp, and let it cool down.

and once again

Then re-check head stud torque

Apart from that, should be good for some abuse.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 07:21 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 07:04 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: With out sounding thick, should I bed in the head gasket? Like not go balls out max pump and see what it will do?

Personally, I would get it up to temp, and let it cool down.

and once again

Then re-check head stud torque

Apart from that, should be good for some abuse.

It's done a fair few heat cycles now, I'll check bolts then and get it wound up........ what's the worst that could happen.... ha ha

Thanks given by:
id aim to get her wound up once you've made it to FCS Wink
Thanks given by:
Insurance runs out Sunday morning at 10 am so I was hoping to have some fun before that. See how it goes I might wind it back up tomorrow I turned pump down 1 full turn before mot so might put that full turn back on again and see how it goes.

Thanks given by:
So got the car back yesterday morning, i used it for work last night did a fair few miles in it but I've got a few issues.

When it's cold it makes a knock or taping noise under loads from the engine, it goes away when it hits 60c and is fine there on after, absolutely no idea what's causing it. 

I turned the pump up last night but can't get full throttle arm travel with the pedal I'm about 5/10mm off full travel, not sure how to sort that tho as I tried to bend the pedal and nearly snapped it off so gave it up as a bad job. 

I'm not happy with coolant temps, it sits about 85 (on both my gauges) fans come on around 92c when in stop start traffic. This has been like this since I first got the car tho not a new thing. It's had a new thermostat (with 2 , 4 mm holes in to help bleed and attempt to get it to run cooler) it's got a new radiator, water pump is definitely pumping as you can see the flow of water from the expansion tank.  So another issues I have no idea about it just seems to run hotter than all my previous xud's. 

Other little issues drivers side tyre catching arch when turning, drivers seat belt doesn't want to retract very quick at all. And there's proably a few more issues I've forgotten about. But I feel like roll on Saturday night for when it comes off the road so I can park it up and forget about it for a while. 

Any how just chucked a bucket of water over it in an attempt to make it abit more presentable for french car show. 

Thanks given by:
So not much happening with this now it's back off the road, I manged to get 350 miles on it why it was on the road for a week. After the week tho I've come to the conclusion I don't like the turbo I need something faster spooling for more low down torque and power, mainly because most of my miles are stop start around town, it's very rarely I'm in a position to be revving round to 6k to find the power. So I'm on the look out for another turbo if any one knows of any decent ones that will come in nice and low down the rev range.

While I've been bored and spending my days looking for a different turbo, I decided to make a turbo lamp out of the scrap gt2259s I had just needs a lamp shade on it. 

Thanks given by:
Temps sound normal to me mate, stat opens at 83* on these, if the stat is fcuked I've had a couple run at 70* until I've changed it, that's bad though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Is it advance clatter that goes once its warm? Try retarding pump a bit least rule it out

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2017, 05:46 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Temps sound normal to me mate, stat opens at 83* on these, if the stat is fcuked I've had a couple run at 70* until I've changed it, that's bad though Smile

Yer it's just it gets hot quick with it running at 85 one short pull and it's up to fans coming on.

(23-07-2017, 07:35 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Is it advance clatter that goes once its warm? Try retarding pump a bit least rule it out

Yer it's the advance once retarded it shuts up the issue I was having is it was smoking white on idle (when it was on veg) so I advanced it. I'll have to see what it's like now it's on a mix of diesel and veg.

Thanks given by:
85 is perfect, they're more efficient there than when they're cold, and its quite normal for a boosted engine to get up to temp quick if you thrash it, especially with the top mounted interwarmer.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2017, 10:41 AM)welshpug Wrote: 85 is perfect, they're more efficient there than when they're cold, and its quite normal for a boosted engine to get up to temp quick if you thrash it, especially with the top mounted interwarmer.

Fair enough maybe I'm just ocd about things. Hopefully I find a better turbo soon before I end up selling it.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,278 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Zx volcane td 5 door Danmoy90 5 3,136 17-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: dt_
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 83,795 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90