205 - born again (still running)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 - born again (still running)
(28-07-2018, 06:52 PM)Eeyore Wrote: great stuff. I reckon this has to be the easiest way to kill yourself. Is the bike yours as well?

I agree with the above. 

It's a work friends scooter, it's an old Peugeot as well Smile

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 42754960775_67400e2a38_b.jpg]" />
Thanks given by:
Passed its second MOT with no advisories  Blush

I painted the front valance i got at pugfest, quite impressed with the colour match... still need a rear though?

I installed the BX dashboard a little while ago as well, this was an experience and definitely contributed to my baldness. Good to have a rev gauge though!

On top of this i dont want to spend an astronomical amount of money on a gti dashboard so i cut my poverty spec one up and cut out a piece of acrylic to fit. This doesnt cover the dash enough so it reflects on the windscreen at night  Doh
the plexi turned out to rub on my fuel gauge making me think i had a full tank o' veg on a few occasions, so I removed the dash glass. 

Suspension next!
Thanks given by:
Major suspension and handling upgrade happened and so my car is no longer dirty low

I got a 205 gti sub-frame a while back and painted it black along with the wishbones and front arb. I also purchased new drop-links, Eibach E7001-120 springs and Bilstein B4 shocks (the gti ones with the tabs of course). 

The front was bolt on except for one bolt which needed grinding off, and yes i did that nut up. 

The rear shocks needed some persuasion with fire.

The rear beam adjusted to suit the new springs 

After all this was done i got my brakes adjusted and in the process the stub axle sheared wtf? 

The difference the old and new setup is night and day, I always heard 205's have great handling but had never experienced it until now. 

...not sure why all my pictures are sideways
Thanks given by:
Great work mate, any pics of how the car sits now with the changes?
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2018, 05:28 PM)Frosty Wrote: Great work mate, any pics of how the car sits now with the changes?

I still need to take some, will get back to you on that

My 205 doesnt have intermittent wipers and it's really annoying when its that shitty rain and I have to flick the wipers every few seconds (first world problems). 

So got myself a wiper stalk with intermittent and a relay. This is a straight swap, just replace the stalk and put the relay in place of the blanking plate, this does mean taking off some of the trim but i am a dab hand at this after all of the times i pulled the dashboard out in the past! 

it's a tight fit

I was pleasantly surprised to find my wipers auto cycle when i wash my screen as well Smile
Thanks given by:
you need a rear roll bar!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2018, 12:51 PM)welshpug Wrote: you need a rear roll bar!

I completely agree, its more noticeable every day...
I was going to use the the diesel one but one of the levers is  wafer thin. i think i want t find a bigger rear bar than this anyway?

took some pics today...
before on 60mm springs - saw some scary marks on my baffled sump  TMI  

after on eibachs and b4s - should have taken these pics on a flat surface though  Doh

oh yeh those veg oil stains
Thanks given by:
Sorta finished the monstrosity that a few people saw at pugfest and it is kina integrated into the dashboard now.     
Thanks given by: