205 - born again (still running)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 - born again (still running)
good progress. Itll be on the road in no time! Trio S model yo!
Thanks given by:
I'm going to try get it MOTd this weekend... but i said that last weekend.

Im actually thinking about putting an HDi in this rather than putting a huge turbo on the XUD, i think it will cost about the same to do it well and then i wont have any overheating issues.
Thanks given by:
great to see a 205 getting some love!
Thanks given by: clarkey2010
Would be good to see a HDi lump in a 205, don't think they have been many done? Still it would be a bit more work with sorting out the wiring etc but be great to see.
Thanks given by:
I think there are a couple 205s with HDi engines but not many, i like the idea of it being one of a handful.
yeah its a lot of extra work for an ECU, im not sure if its worth doing yet.... but i want to go on some track days and i will kill a XUD
Thanks given by:
Ite so took a step backwards this week as i wasn't happy wiith how the turbo pipe was clashing with the master cylinder so i decided to route the pipe the other way. IF ONLY I DID THIS WHILE THE ENGINE WAS OUT!

I did a quick drawing on my lunch break of what i needed, estimating most of the sizes from pictures. I went to an exhaust place to check if they had what i needed and came home with some pipe, later realising i hadn't checked any of my dimensions... whoops

luckily my guesses were spot on which im going to put down to being a draughsman Smile

My friend welded up the pipe for me and came to lend a hand.

I had to take off intake mani (again) and modify the other side of the for the pipe to fit. then we fitted it back on along side the new stainless pipe. this was done with the usual "can you put it in? ...i cant find the hole... grip the shaft.... its really tight"

we messed around with some piping and did a good enough job to start it up and listen to turbo noises and called it a night there

Today i found the exhaust spring i lost in the dirt so finally got to attach the exhaust - thanks to Eeyore for sparing me a cup whatsit 

the bolts in the bumper brackets sheared when i took them off, rather than pay crazy money for the bumper kit (£160 i think) i refurbed them with some help from a shotblaster and Bash

spent the rest of the afternoon putting the bonnet etc on and sorting all the pipes so they look ok and the bonnet closes

i tried bleeding the brakes again and got a bit of feel now but they are still real spongy

i gave it a clean and i took it out for a spin (BOOOOOST) around the farm and discovered the brakes do stop the car now

No MOT today Sad

Youtubz vidz

Thanks given by:
Great to see it's almost done! No worries about the bit. Glad it fitted
Thanks given by:
MOT booked for friday!
I've checked over everything i can thing of but i dont reaaaaaalllly know what im doing... 

on another note, my fuel lines are no longer cable tied to the brake lines. I think these almost look OEM, not like theyre from screwfix Smile

Thanks given by:
passed on the second time round Smile 

Thanks given by:
result! nice one Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
f*ck yeah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
yes! Will get to see this boosting around. Hopefully more than a year before you put it in a ditch again
Thanks given by:
ok so slapped on some Pagid dicks and pads last weekend and Bash adjusted my drum brakes for me. turns out these were basically new but fitted by a noob! after bleeding the brakes again i now have proper pedal feel.

I've been drviing this to work since it passed the mot which has been interesting seeing as the front is slammed and the back is hiiiigh. there is also a pretty unpleasant wobble developing when you put your foot down. this has effectively turned my gearknob into a rampant rabbit.... 
So i checked all the engine mounts and one seemed a bit slack so i swapped it for the one from the diesel which seemed nice and firm. this did nothing so i checked the driveshafts and when i gripped the shaft on the driverside it seemed loose and klunky. 

because petrol to diesel conversion I now have the glowplugs on a toggle switch, i knew one day i would leave this on... Friday was this day.  it totally flattened my battery, ended up giving it a tow to bump it as jumping was taking toooo loooong. So i've ordered a momenary switch to avoid this in the future. Im not sure if this is going to be a long term solution or not yet.
Thanks given by:
The rear beam has now been beaten with the lowering stick to suit the front

from gauging Bash's temper while he was doing it, i would say the axle was in not baaaad nick for the age 

Went for a spin with an anxious Bash and it handled like a totally different car in comparison to the wedge Big Grin
Thanks given by:
No worries man glad i could help with the build. After the bars just pulling out to ight with no heat im amazed!! Shes lowered thats mall that matters. Job done. Enjoy the car now and dont put it in a ditch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
Due an update on this, been driving around for a couple months now which has been mostly awesome Big Grin 

However, the problems:
after splashing some cash and putting rainexpert 3 on all corners somehow caused the brake lines to start rubbing so i've upgraded to braided lines. only fitted the front so far and the lack of bleed nipple on one of my calipers has meant there is some air in the system, there are some plans for this but its cold outside.
3 times i have flattened my battery because i cant remember to turn a bloody glowplug switch off! i have now remided this problem with a glaring LED and a after buying 3 different momentary switches i have finaly found the switch for me :Smile
When i took the intake mani off to swap the turbo pipe i forgot there was a gasket, Doseph strikes again! so i'm only making 10psi when i should be making 16-18 and there is no top end power. Ive got the gasket to put on but its cold outside. 
Leading on from that last point, my heater doesnt heat so after checking for air locks and making sure the matrix isnt blocked Bash and i have come to the conclusion that i need a new matrix. 
The upside of this is i can put in the new instrument cluster (with tach) at the same time!

other things to fix:
rear screen heater-not too bothered about this as i feel very visible in the 205
leaky sunroof - not sure what to do here as ideally want to keep the use of the sunroof without getting wet

The plan is to get most of this done before i drive to Somerset for Christmas.... then big turbo
Thanks given by:
I fixed the intake gasket at the weekend  TMI  

first time putting my foot down was mental the acceleration feels almost scary, it all seems sort of worth it now. 
Weirdly im making more boost than i was before, I'm putting this down to replacing the interwarmer with a pipe...? 

Thanks given by:
so this keeps happening Censored

I think I've got to the source of the problem... I need a bigger turbo  Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
you need a bead roller, or some weld.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
re glow plug switch. a simple 555 timer circuit & relay would sort that.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
yeah need a bead roller, although some people swear by hair spray Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
his popping over tonight so i can have a fiddle to sort this issue. Also his gonna take a work friend in this as well as he doesnt belive fast diesels are a thing
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2018, 10:36 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: re glow plug switch. a simple 555 timer circuit & relay would sort that.

Great! I was wondering about using a 555, i've already got some to mess about with for exactly this. 
I also found an old glow plug relay which should take the amperage better (pretending i know what im talking about)

That night me and Bash fixed the pipe with some Tresemme and a non-chinese clip, i scared his friend and it has been boosting ever since.

some other things:
I tried to replace the heater matrix just before the Beast of the East came.... what a mistake that was!
Ended up bypassing the matrix and driving to Bash's the next day to fix it.
The new pipes i got with the Nissens heater weren't quite the same as the old ones, so needed some percussive persuasion

While i was getting on with that I left Bash to lowering my seat by removing the tilt mech (at 6ft i feel a little big for a 205)
This took about half an hour longer as the seatbelt clasp was a complete oversight... ahahahaa

Welded some extensions on to the spare tyre cage so i can fit the 14" speedline spare under the car

...a couple more things to do and then something interesting might happen...
Thanks given by:
Updates!!
Plans!!
Link to pugfest run that you said you weren't gonna do
Thanks given by:
So this thing has been a pain in my arse for two nights now. But I'm sure Joe's happy with what I've done. I'll let him give you the updates. All I'll say is my Christ it's a fun car.
Thanks given by:
Update: fuel pump modifications 

So Bash came over with a set of allan keys (which he borrowed) to do the gov mod. 

Things started of well for the fist 10 or so minutes, about untill Bash was taking off the top of the pump. 
Now we have to understand something here, past-Bash is an arsehole and does not like future-Bash. Becasue of this past-Bash left the hot/cold spring in the pump when i resealed it a few years ago, something he told me he removed. 

So as you would expect the spring dropped straight into the pump body when bash took the head off.... not good. We tried to recover the spring for "some time" which involed me getting a mouthful of diesel.... still no spring. 

The next day bash arrived at mine, removed the fuel pump in about 2 minutes and had it completely apart in 20, even though some pikey had screwed up the torx head, (past-Bash strikes again). 

We found the spring:

Once the pump was re-assembled and back on the car it wouldn't turn over smoothly, so the pump had to come back off. Turns out something had broken inside.... Now i think this was deliberate vandalism so i had to upgrade to a 10mm head. 

So after a little road trip we had a fuel pump which now has all the modifications I want and no more pikey torx bolts.
- re-seal (was done a few years ago because it was leaking on veg oil)
- LDA grind (also done a few years ago with the re-seal for that aggressive throttle response) 
- Gov mod (22% more fuel per stroke, no rev limiter)
- 10mm head (more fuel over a shorter duration)

After this the job went off without a hitch, with the exception of it being impossible to get to the cambelt tensioner, luckily Bash is a secret Hulk and managed to get around this.

We went out on a test drive and when i put my foot down the car took off like nothing before! The car is on 100% veg oil and it feels quicker now than when i was on diesel before, also there is hardly any smoke. This combination of fuel pump mods in conjunction with the waste gate on the k14 being turned up to about 25 PSI makes this car absolute weapon.

I just need a bigger turbo now....

Pug Fest run: (this was before the above mods on 100% deisel)

Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it's going pretty well now after what sounds like a few fun and games with the fuel pump. I've been there myself with having fun and games with the fuel pump on my 205 when i put a 10mm head on that.

Was good to meet at at pugfest, hope you liked the runs up the hill in my estate! You still thinking about putting HDi in your 205 or sticking with the xud?
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2018, 05:16 PM)Frosty Wrote: Glad to hear it's going pretty well now after what sounds like a few fun and games with the fuel pump. I've been there myself with having fun and games with the fuel pump on my 205 when i put a 10mm head on that.

Was good to meet at at pugfest, hope you liked the runs up the hill in my estate! You still thinking about putting HDi in your 205 or sticking with the xud?

Yeah the runs were great, impressive how well that estate goes! 

I'm going to stick with the xud until i have all the suspension done, after that im not sure though.... if keep the xud i need a huge radiator  Doh
Thanks given by:
great stuff. I reckon this has to be the easiest way to kill yourself. Is the bike yours as well?
Thanks given by: