Bosch ve removal advice please . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch ve removal advice please . . .
Question 
Good morning, i need to remove my pump, it has developed a chronic leak, i believe it to be round the back as i changed the main and crank seal before it was fitted, what's the little one round the back at the bottom for, anyone know?

anyway, correct me if i'm wrong please, remove cambelt cover, turn crank until pump pulley lines up with holes, screw two intercooler bolts all the way in to lock the pulley, then remove all lines, pulley nut etc and pump can come away for re-sealing? . . .

i've removed a bosch from a scrap car before but not fitted one or taken necessary precautions to refit . . . 

any thoughts? cheers, Matt Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
yeah essentially what youve said man nice nad easy to do. i always mark mine when i take them off a bracket as well so i know where to put them back as it was obviously running right. the seal round the back is on the advance mechanism. You can do it without stripping the entire pump. In my opinion though its worth re sealing the whole pump while its off.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, what else is there to seal? lol I did the crank, main body and throttle shaft seal before I fitted the pump Smile

Edit..... I know there's plenty more to seal looking at the seal kit I still have lol, not sure I want to blast it to pieces tho, need the car Mon to Fri Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
just seal where its leaking then. usually the green seals in the genuine bosch kit from memory
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2017, 01:19 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: just seal where its leaking then. usually the green seals in the genuine bosch kit from memory

it could do with a complete re-seal no doubt, it's kind of amusing, replace a seal and another starts leaking, path of least resistance and all that Big Grin
Thanks given by:
theres a very large o ring between the distributor head and body ive had this leak when running veg oil
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2017, 02:23 PM)vincent1 Wrote: theres a very large o ring between the distributor head and body ive had this leak when running veg oil

cheers, it all appears to be coming from the back of the pump where i can't see, i do run veg oil, have done for many years lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch removal with pulley intact doogle-d turbo 3 2,087 11-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Bosch guide/advice Nathan1305 4 1,574 18-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Bosch pump setting advice simonh 12 3,786 12-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Last Post: simonh