Cars on the Green 18/06/17

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars on the Green 18/06/17
So I know we tried and failed to organise this last year so we'll try and be more successful this time!

Cars on the Green is a local car show in Bury St Edmunds and is a decent size for a local show (I think they had nearly 1000 vehicles last year!) It's a really good day out, a few of us went to it last year and had a great time, definitely plenty to look at.
They've changed the entry terms since last year so luckily now we don't need public liability insurance but there is however now a £2 per car charge for clubs (to stop people not showing up). This needs to be paid in advance when booking the stand, so obviously we'll have to wait until we have definite numbers before we can book.

This is a link to the website and Facebook group so you can have a nose:
http://www.abbeygateevents.co.uk/cars-on-the-green
https://www.facebook.com/events/1596264747345157/

I understand it's quite a drive for most of you, but it would be great to see as many people and cars as possible. There were only 2 Peugeots there last year so I feel we need to do our bit to show em off! Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll be there, third year in a row for me & I love it Smile

I'll be in the Volvlow though, not sure who I'll show it with yet.. if I'm allowed I may well stick it with the Frenchies..
Thanks given by:
1. Eeyore - 306 Rallye (Black)

When do we need to confirm we want a stand by Lu?
Thanks given by:
Club entries close 2nd June but it would probably be better to get it in sooner as I'm sure it'll fill up quickly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also forgot to mention we'd have to be set up for 10am and then have to stay there until 4pm as there's no car movement during the show for safety reasons. Which with how packed the show gets makes complete sense

Thanks given by:
Also in contact regarding a BBQ. food there was expensive and queues were massive! If we have a bbq there at least that uses up some of the 10-4 we will be stuck there for!
Thanks given by:
Will obviously be at this. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Lady bash- 306 dturboS (kingfisher)
3. Bash - can bring heap of crap daily
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
4. Orta - Black Rallye

Show was pretty good last year so will come along again. BBQ sounds good
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
No bbqs allowed on site unfortunately so we will ha e to have a picnic.
Thanks given by:
shared on fb.
Thanks given by:
bump! Add yourself to the list as we need to book spaces in advance!

4. Orta - Black Rallye
Thanks given by:
Bump! Club bookings need to be in by the 2nd June but there's a max limit on the number of cars they can have so the sooner we get booked the better. Can we do better than 4 cars... [emoji848] get your name on the list if you can make it!!

Thanks given by:
Count me in

4. Orta - Black Rallye
5. Doseph - white 205
Thanks given by:
4. Orta - Black Rallye
5. Doseph - white 205 
6.7057sam 

Up for it definitely,only 10 mins from my old house.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Going to be booking this at the beginning of May, to make sure we get a spot. So could everyone send the £2 per car fee to the 306oc paypal by the end of April. Paypal address is payments@306oc.co.uk
Add paid next to your name once you've done it just so I can keep track of who's paid!

2. Lady bash- 306 dturboS (kingfisher) PAID
3. Bash - can bring heap of crap daily PAID
4. Orta - Black Rallye
5. Doseph - white 205
6.7057sam
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2017, 03:11 PM)Lady Bash Wrote: Going to be booking this at the beginning of May, to make sure we get a spot. So could everyone send the £2 per car fee to the 306oc paypal by the end of April. Paypal address is payments@306oc.co.uk
Add paid next to your name once you've done it just so I can keep track of who's paid!

4. Orta - Black Rallye
5. Doseph - white 205
6.7057sam
7. Tom-dturb black 3dr hdi. PAID
Thanks given by:
ill be speaking to my old boss about this his got a bx gti, and my new boss has a 306 xsi as well. both interested in showing. We also bring food/picnic as we cant have bbq.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2017, 07:51 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: ill be speaking to my old boss about this his got a bx gti, and my new boss has a 306 xsi as well. both interested in showing. We also bring food/picnic as we cant have bbq.

If you read the thread you'd see no BBQs are allowed [emoji12] but I'm sure we can all club together some description of all day picnic to keep us all going!
Thanks given by:
4. Orta - Black Rallye PAID
5. Doseph - white 205
6.7057sam
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
4. Orta - Black Rallye PAID
5. Doseph - white 205
6.7057sam
8. Dum-Dum - China 5dr. PAID
Thanks given by:
All booked!! After a lot a begging (as they closed the club submissions at the beginning of May due to high numbers, but didn't let anyone know!) I've secured our 8 spaces. I'll follow with more details of the day later this week. Just under 4 weeks left to go so I hope everyone else's cars are in a better state than mine [emoji23]
Thanks given by:
What's the plan for this? What time is everyone arriving? We'll presumably need to meet up outside to collect passes etc?

Also does it say anywhere if there any restriction on when we leave as I'll need to be away latest 16:00 as I've got a Father's Day meal booked for my old man!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Meet at my house? Or near to it. I have enough parking for us all before we have to head down there. We will pm you all our address as we are a five min drive from it. 4 is the restrction time for leaving as well. No traffic movement during show time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Sounds good bash! So I can defo leave at 4?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
in the terms and conditions it says that vehicles are not permitted to move between 10-4, site breakdown starts from 4pm and we must all be set up and ready by 10. so id say get there for about 9
Thanks given by:
Me rowell can convo from Ipswich to bash s.

Can't wait mot tommorrow,fingers crossed .

Oh I've always paid so you can mark me off the list Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeh we can convoy. meet at bashs then drive there. Tom I reckon you'll be hard pushed to escape dead on 4!
Thanks given by:
Gonna have to leave just before 7am to be at Bash's for 9am

Oh and I know there is no BBQs allowed so I'm gonna bring the gas stove and have hot dogs for lunch.
Thanks given by:
full plan and times will be out this evening.
Thanks given by:
Long as it's not too long after 4... it's about hour and a half drive home and table booked for 18:00! I should've booked later but my dad hates eating late and I usually leave these things by 15:00 !
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Right guys the plan is simple. Everyone be at mine by 9am, we will then convoy down to the show which is a mere 5 min drive from the house. We need to get set up, parked basically. Where they put us, which at the moment we dont know exactly where in the show we will be. Food and drink is avaliable on the day from various outlets around the show. Feel free to bring your own stuff as well as things can be a bit pricey. Dum has said he will kindly bring a gas stove. We are locked in between 10-4, at 4 we can leave. This is for insurance purposes at the venue as it is a very nice public park as well. If anyone has any problems or issues just let us know and we can ask the venue for you. Most of all we are representing the club for the first time ever at this show so just act in a reasonable manner. I am hoping to make this a yearly thing as the show is a nice little get together with a wide variety of vehicles.
People who do not know where I live have now got my address via PM, pleasae be mindful of my neighbours I do quite like them and where We live.
See you on the day

Bash
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cars on the Green 17/06/18 Eeyore 9 10,140 11-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Last Post: loobie_lu
  bury st edmunds- cars on the green bashbarnard 74 29,763 25-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Eeyore