The judge and its xud11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The judge and its xud11
Wink 
Hi guys some of you may know me and my car the China blue 306 xud that did have yellow wheels at FCS and pugfest etc the judge (don't ask about the name I don't know either). I thought its about time I started a tbread,  Blush although I haven't yet started to fully attack the car yet but I'm not going to have time due to starting up my buisenss I'm not going to have time to do what I wanted to for the show season this year. So I picked up a Couple cheap 2.1 xud11 motors  Confused I didn't know anything about them except there meant to be considerably stronger than the xud9, so done some research and found a reasonable turbo to run with it thanks to piggy for the advice and Mr Barnard for sourcing and supplying a good blower thanks boys. So one motor is in peices which will be Running a bigger blower than the gt2056s what I'm not sure? Vnt? Who knows yet and I'm yet to source arps for it yet when they become available again. So the second motor is being cleaned as off tomorrow so I can start building it back up and making the Mani's up custom Inlet due to not wanting to use the plastic stock ones and can't find a metal one. This will only be small and brief for this season whilst I can keep the content coming on the motor I will be looking into for head reasons. So not to waffle on I'm new to the forum will probably be slow replying and I'll follow this one thread on as oppose to starting a new one for the second engine but it'll be good to get a taste for the xud11 as try something new I have 90% of the parts I need including the 4paddle u sprung clutch and many more CBA to list but you get my drift  so I'll just keep posting cheers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Welcome yo the Forum mate, look forward to seeing your progress, seems like more people are getting into the xud11 Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Sambo

get a project thread up and let the bodging commence
Thanks given by:
If you want a VNT I'd like to put forward a recommendation for a GT2359V (from a merc 320CDi) as this is what I ran on my 2.1 and even on a 9mm pump it ran just shy of 190bhp.

Thanks given by:
I run a gtb2056vlk and I rekon it runs about 500bhp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2017, 05:49 PM)Piggy Wrote: I run a gtb2056vlk and I rekon it runs about 500bhp

Bollocks!
Thanks given by:
Just assumed we were all plucking numbers out the air?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2017, 06:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just assumed we were all plucking numbers out the air?

Nope, Kyle strapped it to a dyno shortly after buying it off me and apparently without changing any of the set up. It was 188/189.something bhp.

You should know me well enough by now to know that if I was guessing I'd say so.
Thanks given by:
Then it must be true ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2017, 06:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just assumed we were all plucking numbers out the air?

DumDum's bum dyno.. More accurate than any chassis dyno in the UK!!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(08-01-2017, 07:08 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

I have also heard this strange rumour about dum dums bum dyno being scarily accurate 

Also about time you got on here sambo man!!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i heard a strange roumer that dumdum raced an evo and won!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Don't see why it wouldn't do 190, did 197 on a 56mm on the 1.9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
'2256

She'll flow...
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2017, 05:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you want a VNT I'd like to put forward a recommendation for a GT2359V (from a merc 320CDi) as this is what I ran on my 2.1 and even on a 9mm pump it ran just shy of 190bhp.

Hi dum dum thank you for the comments mate looks awesome I'm going to be using a gt2056s for the mean time at low boost as I'm building up a engine to run a vnt with ARP studs etc but this is just a quick mission build for FCS as I'm looking into a lot of head work etc on the 2.1 head thanks. Sambo

(08-01-2017, 07:19 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 07:08 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

I have also heard this strange rumour about dum dums bum dyno being scarily accurate 

Also about time you got on here sambo man!!!

Aha hello sir yeaa sorry haven't been on for a while work seems to be picking up and tonight I actually moved the 2100 lump for the first time in 3 months or more as of tomorrow should have the paddle clutch in engine painted etc and box on just need to look at drilling the RPM sensor out my Internet is bad and I'm useless at replying also that turbo I got of you has finally been dropped up tthe fabricators yesterday I'll keep the post coming and get some videos up on you tube 
Let the bodging commence.... Not just in chimneys

(08-01-2017, 04:09 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Welcome along Sambo

Hello mate I will Indeed once I get things rolling along a bit more just finding time always on the farm or in a chimney this time of year 

sambo

(08-01-2017, 04:09 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Welcome along Sambo

Hello mate I will Indeed once I get things rolling along a bit more just finding time always on the farm or in a chimney this time of year 

sambo
Thanks given by:
Ok guys so today was actually the first day in i actually managed  
 to even get close to my swarm of xud11 engines and I Finnished stripping the engine I shall be using. Its now ready to be washed o my manage to literally get 2 hours tops on it but got everything off the engine clutch flywheel pump everything as this engine is literally having a gt2056s supplied by bash himself I also had ten minutes to get up the fabricators and drop the turbo+manifold off for adapter plates to be made etc due to simply having no time what so ever to spare gabbing anything for this quick build...I have another xud11engine I bought with head gasket failure that I took the head off ages ago so I'll be working on that also as I need to a lot of head work as I want to try something different not 100% sure myself what but head flow is key. I got a couple pics from today and the engine will be ready for having a sensor for the RPM drilled which I'm not sure where? Any help with that would be nice? And then I can move a couple things around and get the 1.9 motor out and strip that down and chuck it in a corner. The engine I'm using will be low boost etc as no arps in the engine and is on 82k from a. Known source obv cambelt water pump+pulleys will all be changed cheers.

Sam
Let the bodging commence
Thanks given by:

Ok so finally pulled my finger out and took the horrid oily 1.9. Engine out that was crammed together for pugfest and I'm.pleased to see the back of it I'll get some.pics tomorrow but for 98k motor its howling....anyway so pulled the 2.1 out the work shop put it on the loader and took it for a wash... Once that was done I began stripping the old 1.9 as obv my 11mm pump etc was on there so.got all the bit I need off except the water hoses and gave the 2.1 engine a lice coat of pink paint...YES PINK I said  was going to do it pink for cancer research as my brother had hodkins a couple years ago and the ward he was on bought me the pink engine paint so.I stuck to it I'll try get a pic up of it and got the clutch on and done what I needed to the hdi box for the xud set up and cleaned and painted a few bits up etc I dunno why but I can't work out how.to.get loads of pics on like everyone else seems to so.I'll do it a slow way and just update it.I guess but tomorrow is time.for.the cambelt fuel pump and trans then its just ancilaries exhaust turbo and inlet+wiring loom cheers 

Sambo

Ok so finally pulled my finger out and took the horrid oily 1.9. Engine out that was crammed together for pugfest and I'm.pleased to see the back of it I'll get some.pics tomorrow but for 98k motor its howling....anyway so pulled the 2.1 out the work shop put it on the loader and took it for a wash... Once that was done I began stripping the old 1.9 as obv my 11mm pump etc was on there so.got all the bit I need off except the water hoses and gave the 2.1 engine a lice coat of pink paint...YES PINK I said  was going to do it pink for cancer research as my brother had hodkins a couple years ago and the ward he was on bought me the pink engine paint so.I stuck to it I'll try get a pic up of it and got the clutch on and done what I needed to the hdi box for the xud set up and cleaned and painted a few bits up etc I dunno why but I can't work out how.to.get loads of pics on like everyone else seems to so.I'll do it a slow way and just update it.I guess but tomorrow is time.for.the cambelt fuel pump and trans then its just ancilaries exhaust turbo and inlet+wiring loom cheers 

Sambo

no pictures as it won't let me
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2017, 09:06 PM)Sambo the bodger Wrote:

Sounds epic. 

use www.imgur.com
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2017, 09:30 PM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(19-01-2017, 09:06 PM)Sambo the bodger Wrote:

Sounds epic. 

use www.imgur.com

Thank you mate should be ok mate getting there now I'll update the thread and make a proper on my experience of the xud11 conversion and try get some pics up

Right ok so today's progress remember the fact I can't for some reason do pics so I'll explain best as I can and try and set up a fresh thread.

Ok so first of all fitted the gearbox with the xud9 fork inside cleaned and greased. And fitted it up and its on. 
Second got the aux bracket off the non air con xud9 motor...it didn't fit failed epicly...so had a look it was catching on the lugs on the sump? Wtf so I done what any farmers son does and got the 9inch grinder out and hey presto all 3 bolts line up and its in with its PAS pump but the alternator has gone walk about so that needs finding.

then I fitted the injectors bosch obv and fitted the glow plugs with the cross loom on.

Then the thermostat of the xud9 new gaskets guick clean and paint plonked it on and done 90% of the plumming needed to the engine

And then mounted the bosch up and then the lines. I had two bosch lines fitted spot on and two Lucas lines needed fettling but they went this is after I messed up and bent all the lines in the wrong places u till piggy helped me.out cheers mate 

so next up is turbo and inlet manifold. Cheers
Thanks given by:
Just so you can see a pic
Thanks given by:
Pics not working... Think maybe forum issue, not you!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers piggy I'll make a new thread once all is done etc.

Ok so over the weekend only got chance to spent a couple hours in workshop due today being Sunday I was planning to rebuild/clean/paint the sub frame but I had a hangover so haven't moved to far lol but yes back to subject I sorted out a aux set up as I was originally told the phase 1 set up I ran on the 1900 motor would fit I modified the sumpgot it to fit and thennnnn the belt wouldn't fit.. So back to the drawing board

I had a load of mumbo jumbo bits and bobs hdi alternators all sorts of PAS pumps and ughh messed around for a while although I had to use the air con set up but deleted the the air con if that makes sense? Anyway I got a belt set up now anyway pic is on the 306OC Facebook page and that's about all I got around to.

I'm gonna make a new thread when the pics are up and running again and get pics up all the way through
Thanks given by:
Hi guys right here's a small list of what I've got up to in the week sinse the last update and its gonna be kept short as this is take number 4 and I'm not doing it again no photos as it won't let me so you'll have to either find my Channel Facebook or i
On the oc page and have a look. Been quite at work and cash is tight from Christmas so being carefully

Ok so cambelt kit and water pump turned up so got all that lot done hooray pins are out and turned it all over to double check 

Took the belt covers and cleaned / painted then with some gloss they look ? just saying 

Then dropped the subframe cleaned / polybushed everything I could painted / refitted.

Then after looking at coil overs and thinking jesus there gonna have to wait a bit I looked in a parts bank of mine and found some near new ones I bought for the judge ages ago so that's the 60 saxos for sale as the xud11 engine is a f**k site heavier than the xud9 and would only end in tears us a bit of practicality is great right? 

So literally just turbo stroke inlet to go and clean the aux set up all up and get that on and away she goes. I'll list a small list of parts if I need any at the bottom and keep you posted on how it goes aiming for a first run next week and drive in the weekend...hopefully 

im going to start a new thread once the pics are going and start from scratch 

Sambo

LET THE BODGING COMMENCE.
Thanks given by:
Not long now then, keep up the good work
Thanks given by:
shoulda said man i had some half decent lowering springs lying about until recently. looks like you are making good progress so keep it up as said. been seeing the pictures on the facebook. i have a mint 12v head laying around as well if you need one
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2017, 06:54 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Not long now then, keep up the good work

Thank you mate by the sounds of it this  weekend is the one my mate is coming to do the welding and were plonking it in so Fingers crossed then it's buy a new cooler time and the nissen rad of Mr lobb but work is dead ATM so we got some restrictions. On cash.

(27-01-2017, 06:57 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: shoulda said man i had some half decent lowering springs lying about until recently. looks like you are making good progress so keep it up as said. been seeing the pictures on the facebook. i have a mint 12v head laying around as well if you need one

I bought these a while ago I'm a sucker for selling stuff then not letting anyone else have it aha so I bought them back as matey broke the car I built him td5 turbo powered xud so was ideal sold 100 bought for 50 ideal and yeaa maybe mate I got another hole engine here I need to buy the arps of piggy when the cash flow is back and then look at the head see where things can be changed etc.

(27-01-2017, 06:57 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: shoulda said man i had some half decent lowering springs lying about until recently. looks like you are making good progress so keep it up as said. been seeing the pictures on the facebook. i have a mint 12v head laying around as well if you need one

I bought these a while ago I'm a sucker for selling stuff then not letting anyone else have it aha so I bought them back as matey broke the car I built him td5 turbo powered xud so was ideal sold 100 bought for 50 ideal and yeaa maybe mate I got another hole engine here I need to buy the arps of piggy when the cash flow is back and then look at the head see where things can be changed etc.

Righty ho people work has been head as a clat and the one job we had last week the chimney needed rebuilding so I've sat twirling my thumbs. My 1.4hdi van has also shit its pants and to make it better.....no work brilliant so with the little bit of cash laying about my mate who is a shit hot welder said he's free on Sunday to do my manifolds. So I bought a gt2056s turbo or Mr barnard and took it up the fabricators and 2 months later I've gone up today and its still sat in the same box it got delivered in... Nice in boys. So my mate said he's gonna deal with the hole lot for me so tonight I've gave things one last tidy up and managed to get the p1 aux set up on with a belt...hooray (I need and alternator for that set up .y dad dropped mine) so I cleaned a couple things up clocked the turbo and made a bracket for the actuator  it fitted the loom a.d that's it as the oreassure washer also shit the bed. ( not a good week). So Sunday is the day where everything will be ffitted except an oil .....hopefully. Who knows may even get it all done and driving besides boost pipes as I can't budget then ATM running my own business I need a certain amount of cash behind me at all times but here I am sat in the bath ordering a flexi for the down pipe and some glue for the Rpm senso other than that everything is about done tbh need a new clutch cable also before the motor goes in as it 50 times easier whilst the motor is out so I'll update soon and let y'all know how its going. 

o
P.s sorry for bad spelling my hands are far to big for this phone. 

LET THE BODGING COMMENCE 

BUILT IN A BARN IN SOMERSET
Thanks given by:
Evening guys boring Saturday night as spent 75% of cash on parts again but were there....inlet is all back on everything is together and double checked and tomorrow is the day my mate comes and does the welding so I got a cooler kit coming of A mate as I ordered one of a friendd and it won't be sent for while so got something to get her moving 

so got the turbo clocked with a new bracket made for the actuator and got all that set and went and had a braided feed made. 

Then cleaned and pained the inlet Mani and got all that bolted up glued the rpm sensor in the block.

then trimmed  the loom cut out some bits that wasn't needed and painted the slam panel and finished off the last bits of plumbing.

so tomorrow I got my mate coming to weld as above and two more friends seriously into their xuds and all hands on deck to get it driving as well as running aha tall order? We shall see. Will keep u posted. 

LET THE BODGING COMMENCE 

BUIT IN A SHED IN SOMERSET.
Thanks given by:
Totally doable in a day man. Takes a lot of effort though. Good luck hope to see a first start video soon Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Right guys small updates on this little project had my mate come and make my manifolds Sunday. 

l went well obv a pain doing it out the car as the first time it Fowled like a Jew so took the motor back out and done it again and we'll its I'm may have to knock the bulk head about a touch to for driving as the engine rocks.

But everything went smooth and although it was dark due to having a major light wiring faik we connected the essentials and tried for a run or at least a fire.
No inlet Mani to bleed the injector and the down pipe is yet to be finished and........it took a bit if starting due to my originally battery not physically being man enough to swing the motor over fast enough lol.

But with the bipper van and some jump leads....still not quite enough power due to the killing the battery so out came the fendt 724 and some longer leeds we use for the forager and bang couple turns....she's alive until it coughed out so much smoke it filled the room in minutes due to being layed up for about 2 years out side it fired pretty easy couple turns had fuel going to the injectors and was soon trying to go. So if anyone can reccomend a good battery size for it be much obliged if not I got the old combine battery that will go in lol (did some one say agri spec?) 

So with work picking up and not having no lights in the work shop anymore only a couple hours Herr and there is what's going on but shafts are in every thing on that front is all done pluming etc so slam panel is on so rad to go in and repaire till I pick up my new one and a small cooler kit I dragged out of a swamp is being fitted and I can go for a small drive.

List of things to do 
Rad
Down pipe 
Cooler
Probably lift up coil over as it'll be to low to get out the shed lol
Run her up proper 
Egr delete on the Inlet with boost reference 
Front end 
That's about it videos and pics are on Facebook on my build album gonna use flexible exhaust for the down pipe for now dje to being impacient.

LET THE BODGING COMMENCE 
MADE IN A BARN IN SOMERSET.
Thanks given by:
Right guys been a moment since I got near the car as I've had some ones else's to work on, but although I've had it running due to the snoke just pouring out and running like. Nails obv the pump and can was a tooth out.....epic fail.

so I lent out my locking tools to lock the crank in tdc with out dropping the starter so I used an Allen key that was big enough and when I put the belt on the cam and pump were a tooth out ah well no big deal so I pulled the motor as there was a lot of things I was unhappy with due to the overal tidyness of the bay. So out retimed it cut a few things about wheyyy happy days she's in running 100% like a dream and doesn't fowl anywhere at all now.

So that's the cooler on also only a small one untill the twinpass turns up in a few weeks. But today it was so far and after slapping the engine rad slam panel and all that shit in the front bumper and that can wait till tomorrow then can go for a drive. 

So I had to clock the turbo again to get the boost pipes in and now the actuator needs a bit of adjusting as its somewhat on the piss no biggy. That's tomorrows job. .

When the motor was out I seen my time to order some original turbo gaskets also to stop any little keajs as we all know a blowing exhaust sounds hurre Dou's ? so that's sorted. 

I also started on the inside of the car  all my old set up out wiring things in tidy now and I gotta do the relocation of the battery. So I bought some jump leads of eBay for 15 notes and there nice thick cable and 3m of it So that's what I'm gonna use call it a lash or what ever but if it'd tidy and it works who honestly cares? I don't. 

Just a small update but tomorrow maybe its first tmdrive up the road gotta do gearbox oil bonnet pins remove the light pod and fit the front bumper and the down pipe job well done. 

Ok I think that's it for this update

LET THE BODGING COMMENCE 
 BUILT IN A SHED IN SOMERSET
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lower height pistons xud11 of 1 mm niciou 3 5,169 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: niciou
  How To - 2.1TD Swap / XUD11 Fitting Dum-Dum 101 93,219 28-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rachaeljf
  Turbo relocation xud11 and 1.4 hdi bits Sambo the bodger 7 4,665 04-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum