Best hdi rods on xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best hdi rods on xud
Hi everybody

What are the best rods hdi for xud?

I know that there are rods hdi 16v and 8 v but which are the most robust?

Know for a xud9te with turbo gt2056s has 28 psi max with head in 11 mm for a power of 200 hp.
Thanks given by:
Threads sort of been clverd recently, bit of research will help hoever to sum things up.
8v rods slight upgrade not bullet proof
16v rods better upgrade most survive
Forged best upgrade never had any fail yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 08:10 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Threads sort of been clverd recently, bit of research will help hoever to sum things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
I prefer to put more money and be quiet mind

Company maxpeedingrods manufactures good rods forged?

I can put 400 to 500 euros on rods forged

Is there any other reliable company on manufacturing rods forged for xud?
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 09:04 AM)niciou Wrote:
(26-12-2016, 08:10 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Threads sort of been clverd recently, bit of research will help hoever to sum things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
I prefer to put more money and be quiet mind

Company maxpeedingrods manufactures good rods forged?

I can put 400 to 500 euros on rods forged

Is there any other reliable company on manufacturing rods forged for xud?

im not sure who makes the forged rods that are widely used on here i think theyre a chinese company from memory. i know that one of our members zx-volcane (tom) lovely bloke sorted out the last group buy. he would be the one to speak to if you are serious about it.
there are also some british companies that do them as well and a guy who does the tractor pulling on here run aluminum rods at 400hp for short runs so may be ok for 200 bhp daily but no ones yet to try, so there are a few options for you i guess.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I speak of its because I see a lot of owner of 306 td and hdi 16 v on the site that works with rods forged

I am in France here preparation td in the south its not done much and the prices of the rods forged are very expensive I have seen on the site that some have its rods forged for 500 euros max.

I am equipped with a 2.1 td with cylinder head 8 s this block is very robust for 200 hp and more by cons my broder has a zx td engine d8a equipped with a pump in 11 mm a fmic a turbo t2-t25 has 1.6 bar, Arp, cylinder head gasket victor renz and oil cooler the engine has 350000 km and turns like a clock. It wants to remake in full are motor like nine investment 2500 euros with objective to have 190 to 200 cv in reliable me I advise him to put rods forged or a low engine of 2.1.
If he breaks a rods after having remade the engine has nine was lost 2500 euros

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
yeah 2.1 bottom end is a sound bet ive done that myself before i broke it up for financial reasons. to be honest thats one of the cheaper ways of doing it. i would personally forge the 1.9 engine out of experience as parts are rare in uk the uk for the 2.1, however if there are lots of 2.1s in franch go for it i say.

also tidy looking motor
Thanks given by:
Have forged rods in my zx - running far in excess of 220bhp for many 10k miles now.

I have blown gearboxs, injectors out the head, HGs, turbos, manifolds - rods have survived!

There are a couple of people interested in a set in the near future. Send me a PM if you would like to be part of the next group buy. Price should be less than 500 Euro depending on exchange rate or wherever Trump has started WW3.

I agree when you spend 2500 on engine build, it is worth for piece of mind.
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 10:12 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Have forged rods in my zx - running far in excess of 220bhp for many 10k miles now.

I have blown gearboxs, injectors out the head, HGs, turbos, manifolds - rods have survived!

There are a couple of people interested in a set in the near future. Send me a PM if you would like to be part of the next group buy. Price should be less than 500 Euro depending on exchange rate or wherever Trump has started WW3.

Thank you for the proposal j speaks to my brother and I am sending a PM if it is always ok to buy a set of rods forged for 1.9.

It is possible that in the end he buys a low engine of xud11 this has him to see him speaks to him and I would tell you his choice.

220 cv sa doi heater you thought to put an electric water pump in addition to that of the xud may be that the head of breech will hold longer time?
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 10:25 AM)niciou Wrote:
(26-12-2016, 10:12 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Have forged rods in my zx - running far in excess of 220bhp for many 10k miles now.

Thank you for the proposal j speaks to my brother and I am sending a PM if it is always ok to buy a set of rods forged for 1.9.

It is possible that in the end he buys a low engine of xud11 this has him to see him speaks to him and I would tell you his choice.

220 cv sa doi heater you thought to put an electric water pump in addition to that of the xud may be that the head of breech will hold longer time?

i think upgrading the water pump to a bigger impeller might good idea - or bypass and fit high flow electric pump Smile

I use a bigger alloy radiator cheap from ebay - needed some modifications to make fit completely OEM - but on track it held water temps really well.
Thanks given by:

My brother bought those radiator : 610X368X40mm

http://www.decl-concept.com/fr/radiateur...00028.html

Electric water pumps are expensive almost 200 euros

http://www.gt2i.com/fr/pompe-a-eau-elect...ml#details
Thanks given by:
Looks like identical radiator. Bottom connector is wrong shape. But with good airflow it should keep water temps absolutely fine.

Also wise keep an eye on egt temps and exhaust manifold pressure. Need a copilot just to watch gauges Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 10:39 AM)niciou Wrote:

My brother bought those radiator : 610X368X40mm

http://www.decl-concept.com/fr/radiateur...00028.html

Electric water pumps are expensive almost 200 euros

http://www.gt2i.com/fr/pompe-a-eau-elect...ml#details
There is no pressure gauge yet, and the radiator outlet has to be modified the hose of origin does not rise.

J hesitate to put the new turbo (gt2056s) with the rods of origin you think that if it leaves 170 hp with rods d roigine it will not bend?

Expect to re-engine.
Thanks given by:
tom ive pmd you about the rods
sorry to jack the thread niciou
Thanks given by: